Good Deal on a Furd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah I know, it's just an old rotted Ford and I'm posting it on a GM truck forum. But maybe someone here will want it. It has some good qualities though, and I'd hate to see it get scrapped.

'70 F-100, 302 and a 3-speed on the floor. It was supposedly running about 7 years ago and was parked when a brake line blew. The motor seems to have stuck since then. It has a 9" rear I believe. Lots of rust in the body panels. The king pins are a bit seized, but the frame is solid and the truck rolls easily. It was a high trimmed Ranger and a lot of the trim remains.

A buddy and I went and picked up the truck a little while back, he wanted the truck and I wanted the rotted camper top for parts. He realized he has no time (or ability, lol) for the truck, so it just needs to go away. The truck can be had for scrap value or less, but I'm still keeping the camper top for parts.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Surely it'll sell on CL right? Scrap price isn't much.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I like that body style f150s

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Surely it'll sell on CL right? Scrap price isn't much.

The problem with that is, anything that's for sale on CL for a couple hundred bucks or less, the buyer is just going to pick it up and take it straight to the scrapper. To avoid the scrappers, you have to price it higher, but ain't nobody around that wants to pay $500 for an old Ford with a potentially junk 302.

Hopefully I can find a home for it before trying CL.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I like that body style f150s

I agree, it's not a bad looking bodystyle at all. If I didn't have so many GM trucks to play with, I'd keep it for myself. Do the turbo 5.3 swap that everyone else says is so fun and cheap.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
There are a couple of those in close vicinity here but 3/4 tons. Good trucks. Good luck on the sale.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The 302 is one of my favorite Ford Engines. Maybe not the most powerful, but certainly durable and reliable. That's not a bad model at all, especially for a Ford. I assumed it's a rust bucket and not worthy of repair. I know we have our brand preferences but I like to see all those 50, 60's and early to mid 70's vehicles saved even in the Dodges and that goes for both cars and trucks. All of them are Americana and Automotive History.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd say call Richard Rawlings, he's a Ferd lover, but being the little dick puzzy that he is, he's only interested in short beds.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I'd say call Richard Rawlings, he's a Ferd lover, but being the little dick puzzy that he is, he's only interested in short beds.
Hes a douche....

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well it definitely has a lot of body rust, basically every panel could use minor to major patchwork, but it's nothing that would keep it off the road. It'd be fine as a work truck or a fun beater truck, but there are far cleaner examples out there to restore. It would be a great parts truck too, for trim, trinkets, bumpers, etc. It'd just be a shame if all of it went across the scale.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Well, if it weren't for for Fords, we'd have fewer makes to pick on.

But with that said, there was a day when this one sat on a lot, shiny and proud until someone fell in love with it, bought it and had a lot of fun memories with it.

But it's still a Furd.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Dang, this would be a perfect work truck, but you fellas up there with your rust... I hope it finds a home.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Well it definitely has a lot of body rust, basically every panel could use minor to major patchwork, but it's nothing that would keep it off the road. It'd be fine as a work truck or a fun beater truck, but there are far cleaner examples out there to restore. It would be a great parts truck too, for trim, trinkets, bumpers, etc. It'd just be a shame if all of it went across the scale.

Reasons I'm a hoarder.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I will Say those old Fords are great trucks ive owned them. And The Chassis is deffintly better than my k10 wich Cracks behind gearbox and at all the shock mounts. 71 is my Around my Favorite year ford they are clean looking.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah I know, it's just an old rotted Ford and I'm posting it on a GM truck forum. But maybe someone here will want it. It has some good qualities though, and I'd hate to see it get scrapped.

'70 F-100, 302 and a 3-speed on the floor. It was supposedly running about 7 years ago and was parked when a brake line blew. The motor seems to have stuck since then. It has a 9" rear I believe. Lots of rust in the body panels. The king pins are a bit seized, but the frame is solid and the truck rolls easily. It was a high trimmed Ranger and a lot of the trim remains.

A buddy and I went and picked up the truck a little while back, he wanted the truck and I wanted the rotted camper top for parts. He realized he has no time (or ability, lol) for the truck, so it just needs to go away. The truck can be had for scrap value or less, but I'm still keeping the camper top for parts.

My next door neighbor has one of these he is fixing up and could probably use the parts. Does the truck have a good title and stuff and how much are you asking? I will relay the message. Also, where is the thing lol? You may be too far from us to begin with even if it was free. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL