Getting the itch again.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
is it a regression or a progression I'm not sure but I've always wanted one of these and I found one just like in the pic. I'd love to do an LS3 swap in one.......am I nuts or what?
You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
is it a regression or a progression I'm not sure but I've always wanted one of these and I found one just like in the pic. I'd love to do an LS3 swap in one.......am I nuts or what?

Yes you are, heres how I know. I have been running through the scenario where I put an LS in Jag, 2000 ish BMW 5 series, or Lincoln LS. not sure what all is involved but always talk myself out of it as it doesn't make sense for me to have a vette, my truck , one of the above, and then my Corolla daily driver. Much less the time to work on all of them.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Yes you are, heres how I know. I have been running through the scenario where I put an LS in Jag, 2000 ish BMW 5 series, or Lincoln LS. not sure what all is involved but always talk myself out of it as it doesn't make sense for me to have a vette, my truck , one of the above, and then my Corolla daily driver. Much less the time to work on all of them.
I know what your saying but my truck is all but done and I need something to do. Building stuff is where I get the enjoyment and with out anything to do I will go nuts for sure. I pass that 560SEC everyday and it keeps speaking to me in a language I understand....it keeps saying help me....

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

That's a tough spot, because that would be totally badass with an LS swap. I can't wait to have my truck almost done, to where I can seriously consider the next project. I keep finding all kinds of cool **** that I would love to tinker with, but have to make myself look away, because I have too much to do besides the truck right now.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That's a tough spot, because that would be totally badass with an LS swap. I can't wait to have my truck almost done, to where I can seriously consider the next project. I keep finding all kinds of cool **** that I would love to tinker with, but have to make myself look away, because I have too much to do besides the truck right now.
Yeah tell me about it. I haven't stopped yet to even look at it. Just drive bys. I don't care if it runs or not. Hell it could be a unicorn 5 speed car for all I know...which would indubitably put it above my price range......

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I know what your saying but my truck is all but done and I need something to do. Building stuff is where I get the enjoyment and with out anything to do I will go nuts for sure. I pass that 560SEC everyday and it keeps speaking to me in a language I understand....it keeps saying help me....

dont kid yourself they are never done

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
dont kid yourself they are never done
Oh I know......usually I get a cash offer and that makes them done. Lol I'm also tormented with the idea of another Harley as well.

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
Shoot, just do it and get it over with, lol. I've got a similar AMG crush on one of these...

I would love to get one and drop a 6.0L in and top it with a rebuilt factory blem CTS-V charger, trailed by a Tremec T56. I've drove a few of these and while they are fun, they need some help with handling and an auto just doesn't cut it for the sideways fun factor.

TIE_Fightertk06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
1987s
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban Sierra Classic
Engine Size
350 TBI
Definitely NOT nuts, man. This is on my commute, so I see it twice a day. ‘91 560SEL, running and driving for $2200.
If my red truck hadn’t died, I was going to pick this up and park it for the next project. LSA supercharged 5.3 w/ a T56, a badass roadtrippin’ powerhouse for the times when my Suburban wasn’t needed.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I was thinking one of these
You must be registered for see images

or

or

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was thinking one of these
You must be registered for see images

or

or
Jag wiring sucks ass, BMW never and isn't that Lincoln front wheel drive? Of the 3 I'd take the Lincoln and that says a lot.......:happy175:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Definitely NOT nuts, man. This is on my commute, so I see it twice a day. ‘91 560SEL, running and driving for $2200.
If my red truck hadn’t died, I was going to pick this up and park it for the next project. LSA supercharged 5.3 w/ a T56, a badass roadtrippin’ powerhouse for the times when my Suburban wasn’t needed.

I had an 87 300e I loved that car. It was a sad day when she left. I love me some German cars except BMW. I still have my MB park how ever and where ever card lol. It's metal and comes in the owners manual. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Shoot, just do it and get it over with, lol. I've got a similar AMG crush on one of these...

I would love to get one and drop a 6.0L in and top it with a rebuilt factory blem CTS-V charger, trailed by a Tremec T56. I've drove a few of these and while they are fun, they need some help with handling and an auto just doesn't cut it for the sideways fun factor.
Those are nice too I just have a soft spot for the older MB cars. Idk it's a Roadhouse thing and I would definitely need a set of chrome Hammers for it.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I don't think you're nuts. I think the older German cars are pretty cool, well-built, and reliable, and life's too short to deny yourself the things you want when they're at least somewhat feasible to acquire. Plus, that thing would scream with an LS3. That being said I hate all of those sons of bitches they make now and have been making for the past bit. VWs, Porsches, Mercedes-Benz, and BMWs especially. They are over-engineered in my opinion, and they foreshadow the ridiculous beyond imagination planned obsolescence designs that haven't already caught on with the domestic automakers. Anyways, that's my rant. I know you like some of those newer things, and I understand why - because you're an adept mechanic on them, but they just don't blow my skirt up. The newer ones, that is.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Those Mercs are all over the Tampa/whorlando/Miami craigslists.

Usually with giant wheels and gold trim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave