Getting an 87 V25 C6P HD to sit close to level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GetitBilly

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Anyone know how a C6P truck sat when new? Right now my truck sits a little over 2.5" lower front to rear. Trying to figure out if my stock front springs are sagging before I get 2" lift springs and end up sitting higher in front. Also considering splitting the difference and getting some ORD 1" add-a-leafs, with or without new or re-arched front springs as nesded.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
My '85 definitely always sat higher in the back. It's kind of small in the pic, but this is from when the truck was new:

You must be registered for see images attach

If you need an actual measurement of how it sits now I can try to do that tomorrow.

K201979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hippie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350ci
If ur going stock height, id get stock springs. Itll probly level it out some. Mine was raked to the front before i lifted 4" and the new springs made it level. If its still raked after stock springs u can add a zero rate to level it.

GetitBilly

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
Hey, that pics helps. I'm leaning towards just keeping it simple and cheap and getting the 1" ORD add a leafs. 1" doesn't sound like much, but it will take out a lot of that rake. Based on other pics I've looked at, I think the c6p trucks sat about 1-2" higher in the rear than a non-c6p truck.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That's probably about right. Keep in mind the rear wheelwell openings are lower than the fronts. It can be deceptive sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8