gauge lights and tag lights went out help plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
I was replacing my bulbs in the gauge cluster testing each 1 in a working socket before placement. and after about 8 bulbs checked the power for the bulbs went away and I also lost my tag lights, and trailer harness power. All of these worked before i started testing the bulbs in 1 of the sockets on the gauge. any ideas on where to start? this is my first square body so I am learning as i go... I just need some direction. thanks

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
i would start by checking for a blown fuse

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
i replaced ALL of the 20 amp fuses under the dash but i will go back and check the others

thanks

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@DRCKISS,

Yeah, it's just a blown fuse. Many of the fuses are little like 3 amp and like that. I think most of the light fuses are that much. Very few are over 3 amp's. I think there are a couple that are less than 2 amp's. like 1 1/2amp. I'd have to go back and look at the fuse block label. There are plenty of guys on this forum who work with this stuff everyday at their jobs. They'll chime in on it soon. Now, you have a K10? You'll have bigger fuses because you've got more stuff it being an '85? Yeah, mine is a '74 and I don't have anything on my truck. Like, the alternator is 55 amp's.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I was replacing my bulbs in the gauge cluster testing each 1 in a working socket before placement. and after about 8 bulbs checked the power for the bulbs went away and I also lost my tag lights, and trailer harness power. All of these worked before i started testing the bulbs in 1 of the sockets on the gauge. any ideas on where to start? this is my first square body so I am learning as i go... I just need some direction. thanks
sounds like maybe a pin or something is shorting a bulb overdrawing ? you said testing socket, verify the contacts and inserted bulbs etc

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8