Gas pedal/full throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Okay so I pulled my engine and built it up some. I out a brand new demon 625 cfm carb on. Now when I'm driving my gas pedal is really tight and when I floor it it doesn't even do anything. I'm really trying to figure it out but I don't know what it is

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
Linkage is sticking or the arm that comes off the carb and holds the throttle cable came loose ... I've had that happen to mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
When you say linkage are you talking and the throttle cable? Cause my gas pedal without the cable has full range of motion, but than I put the cable on and it's tighter obviously but as it gets closer to the floor it gets a lot harder to push it

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
When you say linkage are you talking and the throttle cable? Cause my gas pedal without the cable has full range of motion, but than I put the cable on and it's tighter obviously but as it gets closer to the floor it gets a lot harder to push it

Did you change the bracket that holds your throttle cable to the intake? Some are adjustable. It may just need to be adjusted.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Also, until you figure it out, don't floor the throttle. Your going to snap that throttle cable.

Brandon777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Did you change the bracket that holds your throttle cable to the intake? Some are adjustable. It may just need to be adjusted.

Yes, I did change the bracket, I'll hands to check if it's adjustable

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
If you unhook the throttle cable, can you manually open the throttle on the carb or does it feel like it's sticking? If not, it's the cable or the bracket, or the return spring is tight as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128