Fuse panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dano93

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
1983 k20 left side of the fuse panel is dead anyone have this issue / how do I fix this

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Fusible link? Possible ignition switch issue?

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
Most of that side are ignition taps

You must be registered for see images attach

Dano93

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yes and one of the taps is the fuel tank switch truck is being redone dash is out where so the taps get powered from

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
You need a detailed wiring diagram.

Power comes into the truck thru the bulkhead connector, protected by a couple fusible links. Some things are powered directly off the fusible links, some things are powered by various internal switches inside the ignition switch depending on key position (accessory, start, run, bulb test, etc).

it’s all outlined in the wiring diagram far better than I can explain.

Dano93

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Update and good info to share with the group , this is a project truck and the gauge cluster was not yet installed after some tracing and luck we installed the cluster and found that the cluster powers the left side of the fuse panel

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Dano93,

As I have also posted before, watch out about where wires come from the engine compartment don't always end up being where the schematic shows they are in the bulk head block. Tracing wires into the cab aren't always where they say they are coming out of the block. #123, # 20 gauge wire going into the block from the engine compartment will be found coming out of #56, #18 wire into the cab. **These are made up numbers and wires only for example.** But are so you'll be aware that when they built your truck the factory workers weren't thoughtful about following the schematic.

I was tracing wires in my truck and kept finding wires that didn't match the schematic like they showed on the schematic. When I took the block off the firewall inside the cab I found out they had put the block in upside down and didn't even follow the schematic at all. They just stuck wires in wherever it was convenient. None of them were like they were supposed to be according to the schematic. They were mostly right going into the block in the engine compartment. I don't know whose job it was when it came to doing the wiring inside the cab. I'm sure it's union "job description".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL