Fuse panel add on wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Just curious- the LMC tach kit I purchased says to hook up to “switched 12v power”. A friend of mine a while back mentioned add-on fuse wires that plug into the fuse slot and adds a pigtail that then can be used for something else. Has anyone ever used one and are they a bad idea? I just thought of these instead of chasing down a wire that I could accidentally mistake for something that isn’t switched. Thanks in advance!

AKguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 Crew Cab Silverado
Engine Size
Looks a lot cleaner than some of the stuff I have encountered and as long as you don’t exceed the load I imagine it will work fine. If the butt connectors are not heat shrink with sealer I would replace them with such.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looks a lot cleaner than some of the stuff I have encountered and as long as you don’t exceed the load I imagine it will work fine. If the butt connectors are not heat shrink with sealer I would replace them with such.
Thanks! I’ll likely pick a circuit that is low amperage, a tach uses very little juice.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
install them the correct direction (can be googled) because they only go one way
Ihave used one for my carb choke.
In your case for gauges? oh youre good

I would, in my case, use the gauges fuse if i had to in your spot. You may have a larger box than mine, but iirc the fuse box taps that are 1 wire that come off are usually like for what you are doing, so if unused and you found an easy way to get on the terminal one could probably use that, but I dont recall how those work

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Just curious- the LMC tach kit I purchased says to hook up to “switched 12v power”. A friend of mine a while back mentioned add-on fuse wires that plug into the fuse slot and adds a pigtail that then can be used for something else. Has anyone ever used one and are they a bad idea? I just thought of these instead of chasing down a wire that I could accidentally mistake for something that isn’t switched. Thanks in advance!
just make sure its for a regular full size fuse (ATC?) not the mini ones picturd. I have loads of the small ones and a few large ones, the mini ones I used one in my car to power an additional power in the rear of the car for something

1980 Big Ten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Big 10
Engine Size
I just used one of those add-on pigtails to run constant power to a new stereo head unit in the headliner (for the memory). I tapped into the horn/cab light fuse. This video helped:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Probably a good idea. I have a monster tach that was intermittently working. Now I hardly ever notice it on. I know something happened and maybe the fuse is a good filter.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
ive used the minis on my Tacoma/Taco for the add on driving/fog lights ....worked real swell.......

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
They work just fine.

Latest posts