Fuel tank sending unit broken hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tophat36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
350-4 V8
I noticed between the cab and truck bed that the hose is split on the driver-side fuel tank sending unit. I don’t know the best way to fix this and how big of an issue is this? Do I need to remove the bed to fix this? I don’t really see how I could access the hose any other way. I’m unsure which hose that is. Thank you in advance.

Jesse

Looking between cab and bed from driver side
You must be registered for see images attach

Looking from passenger side, just for reference. Hoses look fine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Worth every penny if you're an army of one. Pair with a China Freight 2 ton folding shop crane when they go on sale and for a song you can take that sucker off and on until you can do it at NASCAR pit crew speed with very little fear of trashing the bed. And it's way easier to drop the tank then also.

Last edited:

tophat36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
350-4 V8
Worth every penny if you're an army of one. Pair with a China Freight 2 ton folding shop crane when they go on sale and for a song you can take that sucker off and on until you can do it at NASCAR pit crew speed with very little fear of trashing the bed. And it way easier to drop the tank then also.

Do I need both of those?! I’d probably do the HF one since it looks more versatile. How many people do I need to lift the bed off if I don’t decide to buy one? Also, any idea which hose is cut in my picture…is it a supply or a return?

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Can't answer the hose question as I just did all of mine. New tanks, senders, hoses, clamps, refinished the brackets and new anti-squeak kits. Would have been at least a 4 man job and the bumper would have had to come off also. You need both, as the innovative lift goes in the bed to provide the lift points for the bed, the hoist does the grunt work. Think how much Pizza and beer cost for four dudes capable of heavy lifting then multiply that by how many times you may take the bed off/on. So at least two to start. Not such a bad investment and you can rent it out to other people to recoup the cost if so inclined.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
If you remove the bolts holding the bed to the frame, and also disconnect the filler tubes on each side and the wiring connector in back, two people should be able to slide the bed back on the frame and get the access you need. It takes fewer helpers and less equipment than completely picking the bed up and off the truck.

I also tried unbolting the bed and using a few boards and a jack to lift it. However, it has to be up quite high before you get good access to the top of the fuel tanks and I was afraid it might move sideways and fall off fhe jack.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
I have had to drop the tank several times over the last month. Six bolts drop the tank. Undo the filler tubes and use a floor jack to lower the tank. Loosen the fuel lines, pull the wire plug and it's free.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Those bed bolts sometimes spin in the floor. They are carriage bolts. Use lots of penetrating oil. If they do spin you will either need to weld a nut on top, drill it out or cut off on the bottom. Although others recommend removing the bed, last time I did one of those repairs jacked the back of the cab up. It wasn't that difficult.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey