Fuel tank selector valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris350

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Hey everyone,
I have a 1986 C10 with fuel tanks. The selector valve let go in my driveway (lucky me) and I purchased the Autozone fsv2k (6 port) valve as I have a return to both tanks. It comes with a pigtail to wire it. The factory pigtail seems to match up in shape and size but do the pins match up? Does anybody have experience with this valve? Does it really need the new pigtail or is it plug and play as it appears? Thanks in advance

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
It's an universal valve so you have to check if the pin layout of the original harness fits the new valve. There should be a wiring diagram in the box.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm going to echo what ali_c20 just said. There should be a wiring diagram in the box. Compare to diagram for your truck. Also I have that very same valve and switch in my truck, but my truck was a single tank from the factory so I had to do all the wiring and plumbing, but it's not given me any trouble.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Its a direct replacement. No need to wire in the new pigtail unless the old one is damaged. It's indexed, it can only go one way. I just did this recently myself.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Its a direct replacement. No need to wire in the new pigtail unless the old one is damaged. It's indexed, it can only go one way. I just did this recently myself.
That's actually what I thought but could not remember for sure and did not want to misdirect him. Thanks.

Chris350

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Silverado
Engine Size
Thanks everyone. I figured I’d ask people with experience before I dove into the pin for pin match up. I appreciate you all!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Hey everyone,
I have a 1986 C10 with fuel tanks. The selector valve let go in my driveway (lucky me) and I purchased the Autozone fsv2k (6 port) valve as I have a return to both tanks. It comes with a pigtail to wire it. The factory pigtail seems to match up in shape and size but do the pins match up? Does anybody have experience with this valve? Does it really need the new pigtail or is it plug and play as it appears? Thanks in advance
The only thing I’d say is if the seal on the new pigtail is better shape, use a bit of connector grease and the new seal when reconnecting to the new valve. Otherwise you’re golden