Fuel Selector Valve Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squareed

Reaction score
First Name
ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
c25
Engine Size
I have an 82 GMC 3/4 ton with factory dual tanks. I am replacing the factory fuel selector valve with one from Pollak. Does anyone have any mounting ideas or pictures for mounting the Pollak in the frame rail where the original one was? Seems as though you would have to pull the gas tank to start the mounting bolts on outside of frame. Seems there would be an easier way.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Gpaw44

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I am just finishing changing mine out and have a bunch of pictures if you need them. Originally it bolts to the top frame passenger frame rail just under the cab with the bolts coming down from the top bolting into the valve. You could just attach a right angle plate on the side of the right frame rail and then mount the switch to it. I took my bed off making it much easier to get to the tank to lower it.
The new valve is not built like the old one so you may have to make some modifications. On my 86 you should have 3 1/4" return lines,2 going to the tanks and one to the fuel pump. The new valve has 5/16 nipples instead of 1/4. You can take some 1/4 fuel line hose and soak an end in hot water to get it to swell a little. After I finished mine a friend told me NAPA has some very playable fuel hose. I shimmed my metal 1/4 fuel lines where the rubber line mates to make them 5/16 but it took a little longer to complete. If you need the pictures let me know your email address and I'll send them to you.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK