Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noremak

Reaction score
First Name
Kameron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 79 k10 with a 350 small block. I bought a new mechanical fuel pump, it has three ports, Inlet outlet and the return (I think).Currently my return is plugged. I’ve been having problems with flooding and I’m thinking my fuel pressure is too high, i have a 600cfm edelbrock carb. I bought a holly fuel pump regulator with inlet and two outlets, no bypass. My question is, can I just add this regulator before the carb or will I need to also run a return line from the pump? I’m a bit hesitant to just add it and tune down the fuel pressure, all that pressure has to go somewhere right? I don’t want to blow a line or damage my fuel pump. I appreciate the help!

Dave 84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
A fuel pump with 2 ports will be fine to plug the the return if you have a three port then just hook up the return I think there not mandatory since alot of return pumps the return line port gets clogged and doesn't effect anything!

Get a inline fuel pressure gauge there cheap then decide if you need a regular I would be surprised if you did!

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
A fuel pump with return is best. Is the return line on the truck plugged by you (bolt or something installed in the line) or debris?

The regulator is likely unnecessary if it’s a stock type replacement.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Have you checked near the pump and at the solenoid under the truck to see if you have a return line? If your truck is plumbed for a return line it will be a metal line on the frame rail next to the fuel supply line, and you should have a six port tank switching solenoid.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL