Fuel loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dustinglenn

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I am kinda a beginner at all of this, so forgive me. I recently put a new Edelbrock 1406 carb on my 350. I am loosing what I call fuel prime but real sure that is the real problem. When I go to start it day after day it takes a lot of framing to start again and I know there is plenty of fuel there since I put in a new clear fuel filter. Any suggestions?
Thanks
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my LG-US701 using Tapatalk

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Fuel may be making it to the filter, but not much further. Did you set your float level?

Also, have you set your choke? The three screws on the choke can be loosened, then the choke will rotate.

When it’s cold in the morning, you need to fully depress the throttle pedal to set the choke. The choke plate should nearly shut. If not, wth those three screws loosened, rotated the black circle until the blade closes. Since it’s summer, a real accurate adjustment will be more difficult. You may need to repeat in the fall/winter.

As the engine warms up, blip the throttle and the choke plate should open back up and it’ll go into low idle.

Above 160 degrees with the choke open, you can set idle mixture. It’s the two screws on the front near the base. I think baseline is 1.5 turns out.

Check back when you’ve gotten that far if any of this cures your issue.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
I am kinda a beginner at all of this, so forgive me. I recently put a new Edelbrock 1406 carb on my 350. I am loosing what I call fuel prime but real sure that is the real problem. When I go to start it day after day it takes a lot of framing to start again and I know there is plenty of fuel there since I put in a new clear fuel filter. Any suggestions?
Thanks

tomorrow before you try to start it. open the choke plate and look down the carb. operate the throttle lever. if you see the accelerator jet shoot gas then your not loosing fuel, probably just need to adjust the carb and choke. if there is no fuel you may have an internal leak in the carb..

dustinglenn

Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Thanks everyone for the helpful ideas and where to start. My problem ended up being so stupidly simple as it was the gas cap that was the root of all my problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike