Fuel Line Union

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I know that the more unions, the more the chance to leak. I have noticed most cars have little to no unions in the fuel lines.....a one continuous shot from tank to manifold. Carbs - meh. EFI....more PSI, etc.

I am running my fuel lines at the moment. Was going to 90 them out of the frame channel with a fitting. Then another line that hugs the firewall up to the FI (which supplies/returns on the back of the intake). With no cab, motor, headers, AC/heater lines, etc in place, I can measure and ballpark, but not be certain what might interfere with the lines.

Soooo.....thinking of bending a slight 45 in the line inside the frame channel to bring it out to access it easier and put the fitting there - then bend something more precise when everything is in. This would add 2 more connectors between the tank and the fuel rail. Sound like an ok plan?

Thanks.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
The stock EFI lines on my 97 donor suburban have several unions so that you can get the lines out and replace them easily. Same thing for hard brake lines. Unions shouldn't be an issue, I'd do whatever makes it easier to maintain or access and not worry about how many bends or unions you need to get there, within reason of course.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
As Bextreme04 said unions shouldn't be an issue. But have you considered using the nickel-copper stuff they use for brake lines? It comes in a continuous roll and it's very easy to bend and form. Unless you're like me and you want all the tubing properly bent exactly like the factory did it.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Flared unions are fine, compression fittings usually get the bad rap. Even compression fittings are likely fine at the 50-60 psi EFI pumps operate at.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
As Bextreme04 said unions shouldn't be an issue. But have you considered using the nickel-copper stuff they use for brake lines? It comes in a continuous roll and it's very easy to bend and form. Unless you're like me and you want all the tubing properly bent exactly like the factory did it.

lol......thats exactly what I used. :hat:

Going from carb to FI the lines cant match anyways (the carb had a 1/4 return and 5/16 vent....the FI was the other way around). Plus where the lines exit at the motor are very different also. But I have them REAL close.

:cheers:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks fellas! Been messing all day outside and am beat....wanted a 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion before going there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boukeelynn