Fuel line diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76chevyc20454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have a 1976 chevy c20 454 th400 and I've been looking for a fuel line diagram. It is a single tank and I can only find a dual tank one. Someone cut the return line and ran half of the original with ruber so trying to fix it all back to factory. Thanks for the help!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I have a 1976 chevy c20 454 th400 and I've been looking for a fuel line diagram. It is a single tank and I can only find a dual tank one. Someone cut the return line and ran half of the original with ruber so trying to fix it all back to factory. Thanks for the help!

I think you're on your own on this one. I have the complete parts and illustration
catalogs for the 73-78 series, the 79-84 series and the 85-91 series. I am mostly familiar with the last group - well, just because I have an 86.

The so called "groups" are consistent across the C/K line - regardless of the vintage. And the 3.000 group is dedicated to Fuel, Air & Exhaust components.

Anyway, what's strange is this:

When you open to the 3.000 group in the 85-91 illustration catalog, right there on the first few pages are the dwgs for the fuel delivery system. (Great dwgs too. They show every hose, tube, clamp, clip, valve, etc - and how the hoses and steel sections are integrated into the frame structure.) Example:

You must be registered for see images attach

But, go to the 3.000 group of either of the earlier series - nothing! No mention at all of fuel delivery.

They do show some good detail for trucks with diesel plants, but on gas engine equipped trucks... there is nothing (other than the tank fill and vent hoses.)

Sorry man.

Here's another option:

Unless you are determined to fabricate the replacement lines yourself, you might consider these guys. Inline Tube. They have developed a pretty good library of the dimensions and shape of most OEM gas, brake and transmission lines. I am having them do the brake and fuel lines for my restoration project. I have heard good things about them, but it's not just that - they are also very competitive as far as pricing. My 9 piece brake line set (in stainless for a $25 upcharge) is only $210 and that is with the tubing necessary to use the load compensating valve (also includes stainless steel fittings).

I just checked (while I was adding to my cart) and they list your 2 fuel lines (in SS) for $85. By the time you buy the stainless tubing, a decent bender, a flaring tool and then crawl under the truck to measure - I'm a cheap ****** but I'll go the $210 to skip that. I know most people don't think about flaring the ends of the gas lines, but it is good engineering practice to apply a slight single flare where they transition to rubber hose. You know...to prevent the hoses from popping off.

http://www.inlinetube.com/#!product/prd14/2843347391/73-80-v8-front-to-rear-1-4"-return-line-ctf7343

http://www.inlinetube.com/#!product/prd14/2843351401/73-80-v8-front-to-rear-3-8"-fuel-line-ctf7342

They have the vapor canister return line too - if you are so inclined - @ $85

Last edited:

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am working on 2 squares, will be dealing with the fuel systems soon. Both are gas with dual tanks. There are three (3) fuel lines bundled up and going to each tank, each with a slightly different size. Does anyone know which line goes where?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke