fuel gauge needle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
My fuel gauge failed today. Tested the circuit and traced it down to the gauge it's self. Only trouble is everywhere I've checked lmc, classic ind, ect are backordered on the gauge for my 84. But the do have the older ones, which obviously would work, but will have the light blue strip on the gauge rather than the kind of brownish orange my gauges have. So how hard is it to swap gauge faces? Do the needles go on only one way or will I have to try to place or calibrate the needle location if removed? Thanks.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I'll try to remember to look in the am. All the same except for the orange ribbon, right?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
That is correct. There is only one style with the orange ribbon. I'll try to remember to take a picture of my actual unit before work.

dsteelejr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
1973, 1980
Truck Model
Cheyenne super C20 camper special, Sierra K25
Engine Size
350, 454
@SirRobyn0 I presume you are looking for the larger fuel gauge for the gauge cluster without tach? If so, I have a factory fuel gauge out of an ‘80. LMC says this design was used from ‘79 - ‘87, so I think it’s what you’re looking for. I don’t mean step on @idahovette toes, but I have it you want it. I removed it from my square in favor of a gauge cluster with tach and it worked last I used it. Been sitting on a shelf for over a year now. I work away from home in the oilfield and Monday is the soonest I would be able to send it out. Maybe if @idahovette has the one you’re looking for he can get it to you a little sooner. Just throwing it out there….

Attachments

• BE6EE6EC-9813-47F5-8712-9DFEA1FD8DC8.jpeg
    BE6EE6EC-9813-47F5-8712-9DFEA1FD8DC8.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 78

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@idahovette Here is a picture of my actual gauge in the cluster. Thanks again.
You must be registered for see images attach

@dsteelejr thanks for the offer. I'll let you know after Perry, gets back to me. Because he is little bit closer geographically it maybe a little quick and cheaper on shipping so hang tight and I'll let you know shortly. Thanks.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 , no dice , mine are older blue style. Nice try, huh?
@idahovette No problem. Thanks for checking. On another note, I've been meaning to PM you. I'm at work today, but if I get a change I'll write you sometime today.

@dsteelejr You up buddy! Let me know how much you would want for the gauge and how you'd like to work shipping. I rely on this truck on the farm so if your able to get it headed my direction in the next day or so that would be really great. Let me know. Thanks.

dsteelejr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
1973, 1980
Truck Model
Cheyenne super C20 camper special, Sierra K25
Engine Size
350, 454
@SirRobyn0 I’m at work in the oilfield and I won’t be back home until Sunday, so Monday is the soonest I can send it out. I’m not interested in making money on it, just looking to have the shipping costs covered. $30 ought to do it and if I ship it Monday the 20th you should have Thursday the 23rd. I used Kent WA as a destination since I dunno your zip code.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
If needed I have one from an 85 that I think looks like that. I'll weatch this post just in case.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@dsteelejr I'm going to send you PM with my info and we can discuss how I'll get you the money.

@Scott91370 Me and Dsteelejr are working out a deal. I will let you know if it does not work out. Thanks.
I might have one that you can have for the cost of shipping too. It would probably get to you next day, since I'm just a little bit south of you. I think I have two or three different ones, including the one in my truck right now since I'm going to a tach cluster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey