Fuel Filler Hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Only thread I could find close to this is a few years old and had links to GM parts houses which are all NLA.

Has anyone replaced these rubber hose sections recently? Was the OE style available or did you have to modify something else to work?

The larger elbow to the tank was available from Spectra via Rock - LMC shows the only smaller one but has been out of stock for months. The larger straight section can be had by cutting the 90 off of a tank elbow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Only thread I could find close to this is a few years old and had links to GM parts houses which are all NLA.

Has anyone replaced these rubber hose sections recently? Was the OE style available or did you have to modify something else to work?

The larger elbow to the tank was available from Spectra via Rock - LMC shows the only smaller one but has been out of stock for months. The larger straight section can be had by cutting the 90 off of a tank elbow.

Try this place.

https://www.fillernecksupply.com/

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I did and they are either out of stock or dont have them either. They're pricey too. I think that Gates has enough different fill hoses, that finding a match - or one that can be trimmed to match - is possible. A local parts store has a huge supply of them.....as soon as I get my old ones out, I'm going to go down there and match them up. BTDT before with other cars and hoses.

:hat:

dusterdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc c15
Engine Size
Spectra premium does filler hoses,not sure about your truck tho.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Spectra premium does filler hoses,not sure about your truck tho.

I know they make the 90 that goes into the tank - I got them from Rock. IIRC they were only like $7 ea too. At the rate LMC isn't getting anything back in stock, I think my looking through all available and finding what works / can be modded is all thats left. I'll certainly post pics, PNs and sources once I find out.

Want to find new OE style band clamps too.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
i have a sacrificial clamp.. may still be not rusted out if you want...

FahnSquatch

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have been looking for this fuel filler and vent line setup for months! I still cannot find the metal pieces. I have fuel filler hose that i can cut for the small straight piece and then buy the little 45 piece from LMC, but where are those long metal elbows????

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

since yours is way longer.. do you have a small tank? My 1980 has 20 gallon tanks and that is enough to reach.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
oh i see 1985, different tank design. slightly larger neck and more downhill force to make it fill faster and stuff. so yours needs the straight generic tubing section or the actual part on the bed side? im thinking you could make those if you couldnt buy them rather easily, or a tube with a bend in it idk. but the tank end part is available just not many places selling them.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The few that sold them are back ordered.....like, forever. LMC has told me '2 weeks' for over 2 months now. I'll figure it out and find a way to replace them, then post it ASAP.

Weather is going to the shts for 5-6 months like always here, so might be awhile.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Yup, I got all mine from Rock also. Switching to the '87 tank I had to use fillernecksupply.com to get adapters. Click the "Notify Me" on Rock and if they get enough orders they will order some. Make sure you order right away though because they will go quick!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
The few that sold them are back ordered.....like, forever. LMC has told me '2 weeks' for over 2 months now. I'll figure it out and find a way to replace them, then post it ASAP.

Weather is going to the shts for 5-6 months like always here, so might be awhile.
maybe try buying an older tank design and making the old one work on your bed? i got my tank for 43 dollars on amazon, because it was returned and the box was scuffed where it fell over.. the only thing bad was the crimp on the side was bent downward. but that was a return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheDuke