front shock recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wax13

Reaction score
First Name
Wax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I cut my front springs. Say what you want, but I like the way it looks, It was cheap, and It doesn't ride all that bad..... all things considered. Eventually I'm going to bag my truck and buy different wheels with smaller diameter (these were on it when i bought it), but I'm building a 51 right now and don't want 2 projects going at once.

I did an axle flip in the back and ended up buying air shocks to bring it up just a little bit. (Again, cheap.)

My question is for the other guys that cut springs and are running stock spindles. What shocks are you running? I get just a little bit of rubbing on the inside of my inner fenders. Not a ton, but enough to be annoying. I'd like to run a little stiffer shock and see if that helps. I have a set of 73-80 inner fenders on the way that I'm going to adapt to my truck that'll give me a little more room in there, but I'd really just like to stiffen things up a little bit also.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Attachments

• 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
How much did you cut them?

I generally use a KYB 344068 on the front with up to a 3" spring. This is a stock replacement C10 shock. Youll actually hit the bumpstop before you can bottom out a stock length shock. I also run these on my personal truck that's bagged an they have about 1/8" of compression left when the crossmember is on the ground. They ride great an are affordable at Rock auto, usually around 30-32 each.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
This is what we are using with 2” drop springs from western Chassis

Attachments

• 9AFD04EF-EF6B-4350-81D3-4697366B8D86.png
    9AFD04EF-EF6B-4350-81D3-4697366B8D86.png
    259.3 KB · Views: 41

Wax13

Reaction score
First Name
Wax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
How much did you cut them?

I generally use a KYB 344068 on the front with up to a 3" spring. This is a stock replacement C10 shock. Youll actually hit the bumpstop before you can bottom out a stock length shock. I also run these on my personal truck that's bagged an they have about 1/8" of compression left when the crossmember is on the ground. They ride great an are affordable at Rock auto, usually around 30-32 each.
It was like 1.5 coils. I cut out the bump stops and I'm still scraping a little bit here and there. I'm hoping a set of stiffer shocks and the bigger tubs will get me through until I really tear into things.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
It was like 1.5 coils. I cut out the bump stops and I'm still scraping a little bit here and there. I'm hoping a set of stiffer shocks and the bigger tubs will get me through until I really tear into things.

You could go with the monomax line then, they are more heavy duty than the gr2s. Any drop shock is going to be to soft to help the scrubbing

Wax13

Reaction score
First Name
Wax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You could go with the monomax line then, they are more heavy duty than the gr2s. Any drop shock is going to be to soft to help the scrubbing
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC