Front bed rail bent FIX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Saw a couple videos on YouTube but figured some on here could use this. I stretched a pc of fishing line across to know when it was perfectly straight.

You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nice!
Any pics of how it turned out?
I have similar bends

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nice!
Any pics of how it turned out?
I have similar bends

Came out great! I had to bend it past the point of straight to get it to spring back where I wanted it tho. Just took it one click at a time, released it, checked it out, then repeated process. I’ll post a pic of it when I get home tonight. Hoping to get it painted within the next week! A lot of storms forecasted tho.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^wow. Looks good!
Nother project before paint....

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mine was bent worse. When I had it painted the guy asked if I wanted it straightened. I said I didn't care. I already have a eye bolt up under that rail from previous owner who said he tied his ATV or something to it. And he just pulled on that and gave the same effect

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:cool: Mine looks alot like @Joshua Keith bed and appears a little tension and some judicious use of a bfh will get er pretty close!

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@Joshua Keith,

What color are you going to paint it? Top coat, clear coat, or single stage? What year truck is it? We have a dealing with rust thread on this weeks popular threads, did you have any rust issues you'd like to share? How bad was it, what did you do to fix it?

I have a dent like that but in the middle of the bed side. I have, not only any idea how that occurred, but what in the world could be done to pull something like that out. Anyone have any ideas? I never carried anything in the bed that could have hit it to bend it like it is.

Joshua Keith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/metal-rescue-gel-rust-review.33190/#post-669526

Went with WA5111 Linen white base/clear garage paint job.
I actually did post on that thread already. My biggest rust issue was the in the front cowling. I wire brushed as much as I could get out, Por-15’d it, then laid down seam sealer. The front kick panels Where they meet the floor, I did the same thing.

@Joshua Keith,

What color are you going to paint it? Top coat, clear coat, or single stage? What year truck is it? We have a dealing with rust thread on this weeks popular threads, did you have any rust issues you'd like to share? How bad was it, what did you do to fix it?

I have a dent like that but in the middle of the bed side. I have, not only any idea how that occurred, but what in the world could be done to pull something like that out. Anyone have any ideas? I never carried anything in the bed that could have hit it to bend it like it is.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Great paint job!! I wish I had a garage. I've never had a garage. I'm always trying to do everything out in the weather. Even painting to. I do my painting during the Summertime when it's hot and the humidity is low. since I'm pretty good at spray paints I get good results but during the Summer. I have a rope I hang the stuff up on with a wire hook, and get after it. So long as there's a slight breeze, that keeps the little bugs off of the piece. Besides in the sunlight, I shoot in the shade, I can see the paint better and how well it's going on. Clear coats to.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
One time I spray painted my whole truck when it was a two tone, Kelly Green Metallic, and kinda of a Pearl White. I forget what it was called. I masked everything when it had all the trim on it, glass, sanded it lightly and started spraying. Now, some guys call it "rattle can" painting. I just call it spray paint, spray can paint is what I mean. It turned out really good, and it was out in the open in my side yard. It took thirteen cans of Green, and I did manage to find a Green Metallic that was real close to factory, and 11 cans of White. This include the bed floor as well. All these paints were glossy paint.

The only problem I had was I ran out of Green on the last part, the front left fender and all the places where I was getting it ran out to so I had to opt for a Green Lacquer. No one had told me about having to seal lacquer with a clear coat or the paint will turn in a couple of days. And boy it did. It went dark green, a real dark Green. Damn! I left it. Otherwise I would have had to sand it down to original paint and I was tired of tying up my truck for something it really didn't need. I just wanted to do it to see if I could do it, and just left it dark. Everybody thought I had done a pretty good job, one, for painting it outside, and two, for painting it with spray cans.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL