Floppy mirror, drivers side door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
Is there a thread that discusses the issue with the drivers side door mirror mounting location being lose and flexing when you close the door? Wondering if there is a way to fix it or should we just replace the whole door?

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Are the reinforcement brackets missing? If its the little chrome sport mirrors, there is a bracket that reinforces and spreads the load on the inside. If its the larger more common mirrors, there is a bracket that connects from the the inner and outer door shells to reinforce. Look at the pictures in LMC catalogs for the two types.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
He has the larger more common mirrors. We have not opened up the door to determine if its missing something or if something it broken. I thought it was a common Chevy issue and hoping to gather info BEFORE I commit to taking it apart. Its his daily driver. I will check out the bracket you mentioned from inner to outer shell. I'm thinking about just starting with a new door shell and building a complete new assembly. His whole drivers door/window assembly is pretty worn out in addition to the floppy mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL