Fleetside bed w/ wood floor &/or factory toolbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I know they are rare and its a longshot but if anyone happens to have one or a lead on a wood floor fleetside bed and/ or the beds that have the built-in toolboxes/ compartments like Fords had. I know its a long shot but any condition, complete trucks or parts considered.

I've only seen a couple of the wood floor fleetsides and I heard that only about 3000 were made from 73-79.

Never seen the bed with the factory compartments other than some old advertisements online and I've heard it was only made for 73-74 so I know they are extremely rare as well. Any pictures would be appreciated as well.

Thanks!

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
I have seen one at a car show and it had both wood floor and tool box but I can’t find the picture of it. It was a 73-74 3/4 4x4 chevy

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Try these guys, they sell the parts for the fleetside wood floor. I didn't research but they may have a way to convert the steel to wood.

https://www.mar-k.com/partList.aspx

Thank you, I actually reached out to them in the past. I actually have one for my son's truck that he is building that we are shortening from a LWB to SWB, but am planning another project for the future. Trying to start collecting pieces now.

I am actually glad that these beds aren't supported by the aftermarket as it makes them rare and unique. Only the bedsides and tailgate are the same. The wheelwells and front panel can be easily modified but every other piece is unique. I think 9 separate stampings for the perimeter flanges for the wood, different rear panel that the bed sits on, as well as different bed floor supports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC