1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flat deflecta-shield bug deflectors

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Accessories' started by Outlaw20, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Outlaw20

Outlaw20 Junior Member

First Name:
    David
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    Hello everyone! New to the forum world but believe this is the best way to find information on my 1986 K20 project. I have been searching around for a company who still may sell the old flat style bug deflectors. Had one on a 87 I owned years ago and liked the look. Any info would help a lot. The search continues......

2. PrairieDrifter

PrairieDrifter Full Access Member

First Name:
    Mason
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c10
    Engine Size:
    350, 350, 350
    Don't take my word for it, but I don't think there are any companies that sell them anymore. My 79 had one most of its life until a bull got a little too friendly and took a small chunk off of one of the corners... now its collecting dust in the garage:whymewhyme:

3. Jarhead79

Jarhead79 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Engine Size:
    You could possibly make one using plexiglass and some home made brackets, I used to make my own headlight covers for my 11' Challenger and sold a ton of them to others using tinted plexiglass. To get a bend in the center to align with the hood you could hear it up and bend it a little with a heat gun? I've been thinking of making some like these for my truck actually!

Attached Files:

4. Outlaw20

Outlaw20 Junior Member

First Name:
    David
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    K10
    Engine Size:
    Cool thanks guys. I think I will build my own and maybe even market a few if I can perfect it. Really like the headlight covers as well.

5. carlgm

carlgm Full Access Member

First Name:
    Karl
    Truck Year:
    '85
    Truck Model:
    c10
    Engine Size:
    Your best option is to check some local junkyards. There are also online salvage yards.

6. Jarhead79

Jarhead79 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    Engine Size:
    What id do if I were to make one is use either a tinted plexiglass or just clear, maybe about 3/8 or 1/4in thickness then take some construction paper and make me a pattern, then trace it out on the plexi and cut it out, then take some rough grit sand paper and smooth the edges and then make some L-brackets, then mount it to the hood! I made some good money making tinted headlight covers for Challengers, usually got $50/$60 bucks for them shipped and probably made 50 or more sets over a few months. By the time I shipped and bought the plexi I made about 25 bucks a set, not much profit but I didn't do it to become rich!

Attached Files: