Flat deflecta-shield bug deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Outlaw20

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello everyone! New to the forum world but believe this is the best way to find information on my 1986 K20 project. I have been searching around for a company who still may sell the old flat style bug deflectors. Had one on a 87 I owned years ago and liked the look. Any info would help a lot. The search continues......

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Don't take my word for it, but I don't think there are any companies that sell them anymore. My 79 had one most of its life until a bull got a little too friendly and took a small chunk off of one of the corners... now its collecting dust in the garage:whymewhyme:

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You could possibly make one using plexiglass and some home made brackets, I used to make my own headlight covers for my 11' Challenger and sold a ton of them to others using tinted plexiglass. To get a bend in the center to align with the hood you could hear it up and bend it a little with a heat gun? I've been thinking of making some like these for my truck actually!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 582

Outlaw20

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Cool thanks guys. I think I will build my own and maybe even market a few if I can perfect it. Really like the headlight covers as well.

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Your best option is to check some local junkyards. There are also online salvage yards.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
What id do if I were to make one is use either a tinted plexiglass or just clear, maybe about 3/8 or 1/4in thickness then take some construction paper and make me a pattern, then trace it out on the plexi and cut it out, then take some rough grit sand paper and smooth the edges and then make some L-brackets, then mount it to the hood! I made some good money making tinted headlight covers for Challengers, usually got $50/$60 bucks for them shipped and probably made 50 or more sets over a few months. By the time I shipped and bought the plexi I made about 25 bucks a set, not much profit but I didn't do it to become rich!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 292

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL