fixed warped carburetor causing high idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topper

Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 suburban
Engine Size
I was starting to think about getting a new carburetor since I couldn't figure out the high idle issue I was having. After rebuilding my carb I couldn't get it to idle properly and after double and triple checking everything I checked and found the air horn and the middle section were warped and I believe that's where the vacuum leak was from. I don't have the tool's or knowledge to machine the pieces so I was stumped so as a last ditch try I stripped it down and just snugged it together also got 3 clamps for the sides that were warped and put it in the oven at 350 for 1 hour then I tightened the clamps to close the gap and tightened the screws. I put it back in the oven for another hour then turned it off and kept it in there over night to slowly cool. I checked it today and the warps are gone and the pieces fit together like new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128