fitting newer wheels to a square body K10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a set of aluminum wheels that were on a 2002 chevy 4x4 and will need to enlarge the center hole to fit the front hub. I believe I can cut the wheel with a 4" hole saw from the inside, I have watched some you tube videos with them using a router, just thought i would ask the professional team from GMSB for advice.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Im pretty sure the necessity of it being exactly centered on the hole is the problem/hardest part, you could ask a machine shop to shave 2 for you? just know you cant rotate back to front.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The inner part of the wheel needs to be touching the hub ever so slight. Look up hubcentric rings. The safe way, and OEM way, has the weight of the vehicle held by that touching. Else it would all be on the studs and mounting hardware and subject to sheer load instead of just tension load holding it on. You can get vibrations and possibly sheer a stud on big bumps or any off roading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey