First Square Body Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quietizkept

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Greetings! This is Teena Marie, my baby. Just got her this spring, and she has an interesting story. She’s a 1987 V10 Silverado Half ton that my uncle bought new in 87. I remember thinking it looked like the Fall Guy Truck, but blue. Uncle don hated the 88 bod and they had this new at the lot. Every option I discover, this Truck has it. Don was very loved in our family, and he loved this truck. My family is 100% behind me restoring her to her former glory. At some point, my uncle put a GM Goodwrench 350 VORTEC crate motor in it, drove it for 3000 miles, then he got sick and lost his legs before he passed away. It sat for 20 years in the edge of the woods. I’m still finding vines in it. As shown, it has severe surface rust on the top 4”. I tried Corroseal rust converting primer on the bedsides, but it was futile. By the time I got it smooth, it was back down to the metal anyway. The bed has no holes, but a lot of severe pitting all along where the pinstripe was. I used up a whole grinding wheel to get six inches right. So, I decided I’m just gonna replace the rusty panels on the whole truck. I’m in Kentucky if anyone wants the old parts. That way I can focus on the engine, engine bay and interior. My dash is shot but my seat is great, all the plastic is good.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

I’ve been lurking here since this spring. It’s amazing how much knowledge resides here. I promise to help any noobs like myself with anything I learn along the way....and man... do I have questions! The first one is : should I make another thread to document my project, or use this one? Thanks for reading, and thanks ahead of time for your help. My family and I really appreciate all help along the way. This is really important to us. Some badass trucks up in here, salute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietizkept

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
That’s Fredro and Duster in the second pic. They keep the snakes out of the garage, so we have a working relationship.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
:welcome:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Welcome from the Great State of TEXAS!! Glad to see you finally joined, we were wondering what was taking you so long, lol! Looks like a great project! As you said lots of knowledge here and the folks are great, and love questions, so ask away. Oh yeah, and most importantly we absolutely love photos! Especially of the Squarebody and Female variety!!! lol:cheers::cheers::cheers:

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Welcome from TX

quietizkept

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Thanks for all the kind greetings. Ok, I’ll post random pics here, if that’s ok. #1: Two lights until I get a bolt extractor. This is the 1987-installed roll bar. It was bright orange. I put Corroseal then Rustoleum flat then gloss black on it. I think it looks nasty in a good way.

You must be registered for see images

quietizkept

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Corroseal then about 3/4 strength Flat rustoleum inside the bed for now. The floor just had surface rust. I got it all offa there fairly easy. The top bedsides, though, are a different story.

quietizkept

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Tailgate bolts. I may mineral spirits and spray them again, maybe not. I want to haul stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito