Firewall Cleanup : Driver's Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
OK....on to the other side. While the cab is stripped, I want to close up and clean up some of the un-necessary holes. Have them labeled - knew these 2 yrs ago when I tore it apart and am now drawing blanks for some of it. No sense in closing them up and then having to drill them back out.

Went FI but pretty sure the old throttle linkage is still used. The 2 holes on the left side is where the dealer made a mess installing an aftermarket AC setup. Not sure if "A" was part of that AC setup. Cant remember what F was for - or if I'd need it again. Adding ALOT of relays and such, so I'm going to guess not.

IIRC that pink wire is part of the dual tank switch. ?! The wire at "E" iirc was to the rear lights?

ANY help here is most appreciated. Sorry for the stupid questions. I'm a few months off from being at this point, but trying to get things figured out for when I am (soon enough).

Thanks fellas.

You must be registered for see images attach

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
May be helpful to lay out the wiring harness & sub harnesses. Find the big grommets and trace the wires to their plastic plugs, they will only go back together one way most likely.

A - I think mine had a rubber firewall pad retaining plug here. Can’t find any photos with anything coming from here, just the hole.

B - think you’re right, probably fuel tank switch

C - Speedo cable

D - Looking through my tear down pictures the wires in this grommet were snipped off flush Long before it was parked. My truck was originally a 4 speed manual that we swapped to an auto. I think maybe they came from the reverse switch in the trans (or neutral switch maybe) for the back up lights.

E - My truck didn’t have that

F - Junction block, IIRC one wire w/fuse able link to feed the fuse block through the bulkhead. Other wire went to the hot lug on the starter I think. I think there are two large 12v feed wires going into the bulkhead connection, one serving the lights and ignition & the other serving everything else. I deleted my junction block and will route them over the trans bell to the starter. IIRC they were both ultimately fed from the 12v + lug on the starter anyway.

Ignore the jagged holes where the speedo should be, there was a hydraulic clutch master cylinder retrofit from a GMT400 in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128