Factory wheels with positive offset.. or maybe negative offset on a dually? Good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
So I have 2 wheels, 16 inch I believe, that appear to be the front wheels on a dually truck that cone over the brakes and have little wheel past the hub, or maybe they are the exterior wheels on a dually.. Im thinking they are stock but I have no idea. I might have more than 2, but one currently has a tire mounted while one is empty rim. I can post a pic in the morning, but it looks like this
You must be registered for see images attach

Its that, but rusty/white.
Are they worth anything, or do they have a good use? Is there something more heavy duty about them?
Would there be an advantage to using that wheel instead of 3/4 ton 8 lug

such as mine. I guess I dont know what purpose they serve besides rotational ability front to back/back to front

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
So I have 2 wheels, 16 inch I believe, that appear to be the front wheels on a dually truck that cone over the brakes and have little wheel past the hub, or maybe they are the exterior wheels on a dually.. Im thinking they are stock but I have no idea. I might have more than 2, but one currently has a tire mounted while one is empty rim. I can post a pic in the morning, but it looks like this

Its that, but rusty/white.
Are they worth anything, or do they have a good use? Is there something more heavy duty about them?
Would there be an advantage to using that wheel instead of 3/4 ton 8 lug

such as mine. I guess I dont know what purpose they serve besides rotational ability front to back/back to front

There is a big ass spacer on that front diff to enable using the dually rims. That way you have one spare that works anywhere on the truck.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
If they are actually straight and round they are worth a little bit.

Edit: Suckered into replying to an old post with this new format. I feel like a bit of an amateur right now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmattly