Factory radio refurbisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Someone refresh my memory. Wasn’t there a member here that was refurbishing factory radios, and adding auxiliary inputs? I’ve got one out of an 84 that has issues with the cassette player, and I was thinking about having it repaired and an auxiliary input added. I was thinking someone here did that but I’m not sure. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Red Rex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 1500 4 WD shortbed
Engine Size
Any one ever respond?

I have a factory unit I would like to have refurbished but have been unsuccessful at finding any one

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Is that a Delco or an Audiovox? unit?

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Someone refresh my memory. Wasn’t there a member here that was refurbishing factory radios, and adding auxiliary inputs? I’ve got one out of an 84 that has issues with the cassette player, and I was thinking about having it repaired and an auxiliary input added. I was thinking someone here did that but I’m not sure. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you just want to add a aux input this post on the 67-72 board explains how. I plan to do it to one of my radios.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=447435

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
There’s a user on eBay, arctic63, who does this. I’ve seen them with the aux ports in front or a cable with a female end running from the back that you plug into. He also does Bluetooth stuff with them. I would reach out to him because even if he won’t outright perform the service, he probably has a referral for you. And as far as people who work on Delcos and do the conversions, I know Classic Car Radio Repair in Prescott Valley, AZ, and there was someone else I knew of, but I can’t think of them right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK