Factory behind the seat storage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wracks81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
Anybody interested in this thing? Goes behind the seat for storage. I imagine you can buy new,not sure.
You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I always wondered what the tray looked like, since I've never found one to buy online. My truck has Silverado trim, and there are screw holes up near the bottom of the back window, which probably held the top of my package tray in place. Other than that there is no evidence of what the tray looked like.

What material is the tray made of? Is it plastic, or some type of fiberboard?

Bruce

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I always wondered what the tray looked like, since I've never found one to buy online. My truck has Silverado trim, and there are screw holes up near the bottom of the back window, which probably held the top of my package tray in place. Other than that there is no evidence of what the tray looked like.

Bruce
It's cardboard, essentially. and there weren't any screws used to retain it. the tabs at the top slotted into the inner sheetmetal behind the seat. I saw someplace advertising these things new not too long ago, they were carrying on as if they were un-ubtainium and priced as such. Yeah, they usually get torn up pretty quickly, especially in damp environments, but they're out there. I still have the one that was in my '87, and saw one just the other day in a salvage yard when I was hunting seatbelts. I always wished someone would come up with a sturdier plastic version, with better pockets, and shelves to keep thing s organized.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It's cardboard, essentially. and there weren't any screws used to retain it. the tabs at the top slotted into the inner sheetmetal behind the seat. I saw someplace advertising these things new not too long ago, they were carrying on as if they were un-ubtainium and priced as such. Yeah, they usually get torn up pretty quickly, especially in damp environments, but they're out there. I still have the one that was in my '87, and saw one just the other day in a salvage yard when I was hunting seatbelts. I always wished someone would come up with a sturdier plastic version, with better pockets, and shelves to keep thing s organized.
Well you just gotta blow up the blue monkey’s tree house and get them then, now won’t you? Lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just get a crew cab. I've got a whole back seat of storage space. Came in handy when we went and cut wood....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
lost me on that reference, lol
Unabtanium was what they were mining for on Pandora. In the movie Avatar. They called them blue monkeys.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Unabtanium was what they were mining for on Pandora. In the movie Avatar. They called them blue monkeys.
Lol. Never saw that one, just seen the phrase un-abtanium used for hard to find stuff.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lol. Never saw that one, just seen the phrase un-abtanium used for hard to find stuff.
It’s a real thing in movie land. Lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Classic Parts carries it for $100. Part #23-724
Good thing drugs are cheap because you’d need to be on them to pay that for cardboard lol well I’d have to be anyway, not to mention the inflated shipping cost for oversized item.

echo7bravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10 stepside
Engine Size
350/Th400, 4.56 with 35" BFG MT
Anybody interested in this thing? Goes behind the seat for storage. I imagine you can buy new,not sure.
You must be registered for see images attach
No kidding I just threw one out on my last dump run last week.

Wracks81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size

Bruce
Cardboard. I hated to throw it away,if somebody wanted it.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Cardboard. I hated to throw it away,if somebody wanted it.
that's why mine is still on top of the cabinets in my barn. I figure it'll go back into the'84 unless I find something better between now and then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84