Extended front brake hoses for 6 inch lift.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranchhopper

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I have a hydraulic shop in town that can make me some stainless steel lines but I would like to know how long to have them made so they fit and are not to long or short. Im planning to bring the old ones with me but that doesnt tell them how much to add to fit right has anyone had theirs made up for them that remembers how long they were?

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Add the amount of the lift to the length of the existing ones. (if its a 6" lift, add 6") If you want a little extra, add another inch or two. Just an idea...

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^What he said.
Or look up ones for your truck, which are 29” long for a 6” lift. This checks out as I bought 27” for a 4” lift on a k20 that are plenty long enough.

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Make sure they're DOT approved if you're going to be driving it on the street

ranchhopper

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I went and bought some braided stainless steel ones from a well know lift kit manufacturer and they are now on the truck thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• cr1.jpg
    cr1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 47

Rumbledawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crewcab
Engine Size
Skyjacker?
i run their extended lines on my crew

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
^What he said.
Or look up ones for your truck, which are 29” long for a 6” lift. This checks out as I bought 27” for a 4” lift on a k20 that are plenty long enough.
He has a k30, so his will need a bit more length compared to an equally lifted k20.

Crown brake lines are top notch. ORD will have what you need.

Edit: nevermind, I see you have it handled already…

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
He has a k30, so his will need a bit more length compared to an equally lifted k20.

Crown brake lines are top notch. ORD will have what you need.

Edit: nevermind, I see you have it handled already…
No worries.
Mine basically sits like a K30 with ____” lift as well. As I found out with both shock and brake line lengths. Also w the C6P option on my K20, the correct front brake hoses were the same as a K30 not the K10/20 variant even though it’s still a 10 bolt front axle. And the rear appears to have more leafs like a K30 but without upper overloads. Based on shock length.
Posting this mostly for info sharing as it took me a bit to figure out the nuances of compatibility on this truck.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
No worries.
Mine basically sits like a K30 with ____” lift as well. As I found out with both shock and brake line lengths. Also w the C6P option on my K20, the correct front brake hoses were the same as a K30 not the K10/20 variant even though it’s still a 10 bolt front axle. And the rear appears to have more leafs like a K30 but without upper overloads. Based on shock length.
Posting this mostly for info sharing as it took me a bit to figure out the nuances of compatibility on this truck.
I guess they must account for the taller frame of the K30 by having a bit more slack in the line on a K20. Hopefully, it’s not the other way around. Brake lines don’t make great limiting straps.

In other words, a K20 with a 4” lift sits at the same height as a K30 with a 2ish” lift.

Maybe the perch where the brake line transitions from hard line to soft line is mounted lower on the frame of the k30, resulting in the same length line. It’s probably a bigger deal for the front axle than the rear…

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I guess they must account for the taller frame of the K30 by having a bit more slack in the line on a K20. Hopefully, it’s not the other way around. Brake lines don’t make great limiting straps.

In other words, a K20 with a 4” lift sits at the same height as a K30 with a 2ish” lift.
Agreed and agreed. Honestly don’t know how the OE front brake lines never got ripped apart on mine. They were almost banjo tight sitting at rest. And the upper coils had been removed hard lines pulled through a bit and BENT!
Truck couldn’t have ever even been jacked up by the frame after the lift as the spring droop would have pulled them apart pretty sure. (I never let it droop until new lines were installed ).
How much taller is the frame and does that all equate to lift?
Or in other words what does this look like for lift? Those are half worn 315-75-16 tires for reference. Rear is 4” blocks under OE springs.
You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Agreed and agreed. Honestly don’t know how the OE front brake lines never got ripped apart on mine. They were almost banjo tight sitting at rest. And the upper coils had been removed hard lines pulled through a bit and BENT!
Truck couldn’t have ever even been jacked up by the frame after the lift as the spring droop would have pulled them apart pretty sure. (I never let it droop until new lines were installed ).
How much taller is the frame and does that all equate to lift?
Or in other words what does this look like for lift? Those are half worn 315-75-16 tires for reference. Rear is 4” blocks under OE springs.
You must be registered for see images attach
All lifts are somewhat different, but if the question was if the exact same springs were swapped back and forth from a k20 to a k30, I believe the difference is between 1-2” difference in height. Most say a 4” lift is where one should be to run 33s on a k10/20, but a k30 needs about a 2” lift for the same effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl