Exhaust to air filter hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
So I added long tubes and dual exhaust with an h pipe. To my 1987 chevy r10 with a tho 305. With the original exhaust there was a hose from the air filter housing to the manifolds. Now with the lo g tubes there isnt a place for it. How important os that hose.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I assume you mean the 2” diameter hose running to the hot air stove on the exhaust manifold . Mine’s been missing for the last 18 years I’ve owned my truck.

The only effect is that you lose the air pre-heat in cold weather, so it runs worse until it warms up. I may replace mine so I can pass a Virginia visual emissions inspection and get non-vintage tags, but that would be about the only reason to need it.

I always passed TX inspection without it, so they apparently don’t care about it unless you live in one of the few TX areas that require emissions inspection.

86 SCOTTSDALE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Armand
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That provides warm air to help the engine worm up in cold weather. Once the engine is wormed up a butterfly valve closes off that port allowing only cold air in. In Texas this feature probably isn't that critical unlike here in New England.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I assume you mean the 2” diameter hose running to the hot air stove on the exhaust manifold . Mine’s been missing for the last 18 years I’ve owned my truck.

The only effect is that you lose the air pre-heat in cold weather, so it runs worse until it warms up. I may replace mine so I can pass a Virginia visual emissions inspection and get non-vintage tags, but that would be about the only reason to need it.

I always passed TX inspection without it, so they apparently don’t care about it unless you live in one of the few TX areas that require emissions inspection.
That item is not required to get a state sticker in VA.

Brown's is most likely rotting in a previous owner's field somewhere with the original manifolds, air filter housing and a bunch of other parts. o_O

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Alright thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics