Exhaust options for a 1990 suburban 4x4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slooptin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
Anyone have any suggestions for exhaust kits for a 1990 4x4 burb? most shops in my area are quoting 1500-2000 to build a custom exhaust and the dynomax kit I ordered from summit was designed by a blind man the way stuff is fitting up.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
Anyone have any suggestions for exhaust kits for a 1990 4x4 burb? most shops in my area are quoting 1500-2000 to build a custom exhaust and the dynomax kit I ordered from summit was designed by a blind man the way stuff is fitting up.
I am in the same boat of needing exhaust on a 1990 4x4 burb. are you converting to dual exhaust or keeping the factory look? I am looking to price out shops here in the spring/summer for full replacement after the manifolds - more efficient Y-pipe, high flow CAT, mild sounding better flowing muffler. keep us updated!

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I used the dynomax kit on my ‘75 K25 and it required a lot of turning and twisting to figure out how to get the pipes to align. There are no directions other than the order of the pipes, and even then there is no clear left and right for the rear pipes. It will work, but it’s not a quick job.

I went to the store to get more heavy duty clamps because the ones provided could not keep the pipes in the proper orientation. Very frustrating to be working on orienting the rear pipes and then watching the front sections turn and get out of whack again.

I also had very limited space on the passenger side to work around the transfer case support. Maybe that’s easier on the newer trucks.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
I used the Dynomax kit on my truck. I had all the connections welded at the local muffler shop. The pipes exiting the rear are not the same. There is some difference in the bends. The kit I used the pipes are bent to go around the spare tire under the bed. I also had to fab a couple of hangers. The ones with the kit didn't reach the pipe. I found it not too bad of a kit for the price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969