Exhaust Manifold Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kilian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
K
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 hopefully converting to K2500
Engine Size
Looking for suggestions on what stock exhaust manifolds to use on a mid-70s 350 that's in an 83 3/4 ton. The dipstick is high on the driver's side, so I can't use the "log" type manifolds that would have been used in 83. (Engine currently has headers that are well past their prime). I want to go with stock exhaust manifolds and tubing for a more original look.

Manifolds from the 70s would work, but RH manifolds lack the heat shroud and chimney for the air cleaner. Perhaps a shroud and chimney could be added to get the heat to the air cleaner? Right now I have the tube from the cleaner just sitting close to the header tube, probably not doing much.

I see that by late 80s that manifolds had gone back to joining under the plugs...would something later work? Thanks.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
First pic, what I think you need, second pic, what to get them from.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
You can buy the heat stove metal separately, and I assume the manifold probably has the attachment holes. The original setup used something that looks like expanding rivets that were tapped or pressed into the holes. I assume the holes are not threaded.

Bruce

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
You can buy the heat stove metal separately, and I assume the manifold probably has the attachment holes. The original setup used something that looks like expanding rivets that were tapped or pressed into the holes. I assume the holes are not threaded.

Heat needs manifolds that fit his engine, and wants a manifold with heat stove. I put up a fairly long list donors.

Bruce

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL