Exhaust Hangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Looking for both hangers - back larger one is riveted on and the smaller forward one is bolted on.

THX

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
i have these on a C20 truck, dunno if you want to see them? i could pic them for you?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Are you looking for these?

You must be registered for see images attach

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Are you looking for these?

Sorry it takes me so long to get back here. We take care of my 91 yr old mother inlaw with dementia, and she just had a stroke, so its all me to get her in-out of bed, chair, etc.

I think those are the ones. Here's a couple pics - one is riveted and the other is bolted in.

THANKS.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
The exhaust shop re-used the driver side front mount. The photo you posted for the rear mount is probably for a dual tip tailpipe truck (Photo #1. My '87 FI had that style). It's shorter and has the dual pipe holder. My bracket appears to be longer than that. Here another picture I found. They sit below the spring on the bottom side. You can barely see it hanging below in photo #3. I have both left and right rears. The left is bent inward, but a little heat would bring it back.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The exhaust shop re-used the driver side front mount. The photo you posted for the rear mount is probably for a dual tip tailpipe truck (Photo #1. My '87 FI had that style). It's shorter and has the dual pipe holder. My bracket appears to be longer than that. Here another picture I found. They sit below the spring on the bottom side. You can barely see it hanging below in photo #3. I have both left and right rears. The left is bent inward, but a little heat would bring it back.

The pics are what I have but the guy who does my exhausts asked me to find a set for the right side (I thought they were the same - there are symmetrical bolt holes on the opposite side). Is there a right-left difference?

I have contacted a couple sellers on feebay - they want pics - say they have them - then disappear.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
The pics are what I have but the guy who does my exhausts asked me to find a set for the right side (I thought they were the same - there are symmetrical bolt holes on the opposite side). Is there a right-left difference?

Here's the side by side comparison. They are different.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Here's the side by side comparison. They are different.

Do you have spares to sell? If not, what model / motor dd these usually come on? There are 3 at the local JY and none have anything on the right side like yours.

Last edited:

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Chris here the pictures I was referring to. The right tail pipe is a little bent in the photo, but not the bracket. FYI on my 454 front section of OEM pipe was 2.5", after the muffler it reduced to 2.25". On my truck, the OEM mufflers were still on it. Notice the mufflers were the same on both sides. They both exit on the right side. I'm not sure if this was specific to 1 tons since the shocks are reversed from 1/2 and 3/4 tons.

Last edited:

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I may have the ones you're looking for on my 79. I'm not 100% but I believe they look like your picture. I can check in a couple days, I won't be using them anyways.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
The rear brackets are about 12 7/8" long overall. I'm not sure about the difference in brackets in relation to engine type. I checked today and the front mounts are about 2" from the bottom frame rail. This may be different than yours as my frame is 2" taller. I can't imagine they would produce a bunch of brackets. The only difference I could see is between the 2WD and 4WD versions, but only at the rear due to requirements of tail pipe heights.

Here is an enlarged picture of my mounts, prior to me modifying anything. I didn't measure, but I would guess the mount you see on the right in front of the muffler is the same as the rear one you see on the left, just reversed. I looked through my other photos and it doesn't look like the right has a mount/brace behind the muffler like the driver's side does.

Last edited:

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I'm not going to lay down in the snow to get pics for you today, and the diesel may be different than the gas engines, and I suspect there's some difference between a 20 and a 30. So, two observations on prior posts.

1- The OE setup on mine had 2-1/2" pipes before the muffler, and 2-1/4" after. Seems like that was not just the diesels.

2- The original mufflers had a bracket welded on the back that a metal tongue was attached to that fit in a hanger behind the muffler. The fronts have a regular bracket. Since the mufflers with the bracket are NLA We added an attachment point on the rear clamp to hold the tongue thingy.

Hope this helps. If you need pics of mine, which is still pretty much the OEM configuration you'll have to wait for better weather.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The guy that does my exhausts just asked me to find the other side of the brackets so when he makes hangers (he welds them to the mufflers), he'll have something to hang them from. I think I found a pair of the front riveted ones from a diesel....will know tomorrow.

Cant check the one I have as its on the frame (powder coated) under a tarp which is under about 18" of snow at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike