Emergency brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thxtnmn

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have a truck I'm building and trying to find parking brake parts. I have nothing. I need the cable guides , the middle cable and the hooks to connect the middle and the rear cables. Any ideas on who sells this stuff?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I know the dealership discontinued all that stuff. I just called last week to get all new oem cables and brackets. rock auto has the cables for sure but not sure about the metal split transition piece or any of the frame mounted guides. junk yard?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
LMC truck sells most of the parts. However, the routing and brackets changed a little from year to year, so you need to look at the pictures and figure out what you have.

Bruce

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Does anyone have photos of how the emergency brake cable and bracket is routed/attached to the frame? My truck has had the cable dangling and anchored with zip ties since I got it.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
I'm missing the L bracket directly behind the rear most item 4 as far as I can tell. I essentially have 7 zip tied to the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I'm missing the L bracket directly behind the rear most item 4 as far as I can tell. I essentially have 7 zip tied to the frame.

dooes a CUCV have a special setup or can you confirm if a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton square would have a similar bracket?

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I am gonna have to get into this too. Mine was frozen so I just cut the cable under the hood. I should have all the parts just need a new cable I hope.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I have a parts truck with all that stuff still I place, and I know somewhere I have another parking brake pedal and ratchet assembly bracket. Send a pic of what exactly you need, and I'll see if I have it.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
My truck is a hodgepodge of parts from an 86 M1008, 86 K10, and the axles are out of a ~74 K10. I'm not really sure I'm missing anything. Just don't know if it's supposed to be bolted or riveted to the frame.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Cut the zip ties. That piece is not supposed to be attached to the frame.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
My truck is a hodgepodge of parts from an 86 M1008, 86 K10, and the axles are out of a ~74 K10. I'm not really sure I'm missing anything. Just don't know if it's supposed to be bolted or riveted to the frame.

i think your W crossmember iss supposed to be IN the frame rail because of your full 1 ton frame.
Mine supposed to sit out. Your W looks bent worse than mine could be. I think your setup has to move up just that short distance. look at the ground clearance you dont have. At least yours isnt backwards just need a skid plate now.

also id say your cables need bushings/guides to hold them in the center of the metal circles

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
I don't think I am supposed to have the W crossmember. I think that's another part of the hodgepodge that gave me a SM465 transmission. The truck should have had a TH400 and this crossmember. I tried to fit the W member inside the frame rails and was not successful.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
@bucket do you remember what you said somewhere about the W. If I recall, the W should set in the frame rails on the 1 tons but outside on the half/3/4 tons. or was that the cross member where a similar shape but different sized w was used.
I recall one of the crossmembers you explained had a variant for the 1 ton but i didnt think it was that

@LateOnTheBrakes correct. sm465/np208 from 85-86 had the W. My truck has that W and that combo.
The thing may be distorted and not fit.

I looked it up, yours is definitely a frame or a crossmember issue and i would say crossmember. because its not horrifcally bad, I would say lightly massage the not-fitting corner with a mallet or grind the excess so it fits in the frame then fasten to frame. im not sure if the 1 ton used spacers or not. but your driveline angle is going to change and will sit up a fair amount higher. the idea of the w is for fitting 2 exhaust pipes under one side of the drivetrain but the 1 hump i think fits a exhaust under 1 side and that is more popular for lighter trucks. i think. Like my truck has an exhaust that was shaped to clear a flat crossmember by angling upward but i could have it go straight through its path before the angling because of the w. but i have no need for the other side as it stands being clear. evens out or something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84