Electrical plug for clutch switch...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I converted my 85 from auto to manual. The new clutch safety switch has two female plugs. One is for the starter interrupt,. not sure what the other is for but it doesn't matter. Anyway, there's no way to use female connectors on it, the male spades are embedded in the plastic plug.

Anybody have a lead on this or able to snip me off the plug from a manual trans equipped square body?

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I converted my 85 from auto to manual. The new clutch safety switch has two female plugs. One is for the starter interrupt,. not sure what the other is for but it doesn't matter. Anyway, there's no way to use female connectors on it, the male spades are embedded in the plastic plug.

Anybody have a lead on this or able to snip me off the plug from a manual trans equipped square body?

I switched the 73 C10 from manual to Auto. I'm not sure if it had the safety switch. Any idea what it would look like?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is the switch. It has two sockets. The pigtail I need goes to the side closest to the firewall, left in the photos.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
I looked in the 73 today, it didn't have any type safety switch for the clutch.

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I looked in the 73 today, it didn't have any type safety switch for the clutch.
its a white pull push switch on clutch pedal linkage. i have one somewhere in my electricals stash, and 84 older is alot different than 85 up, hydraulic vs mechanical.

fast68chevy

I am the original fast68chevy
Reaction score
First Name
RANDY
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I switched the 73 C10 from manual to Auto. I'm not sure if it had the safety switch. Any idea what it would look like?
when did you do this i am looing for all the mech. style clutch link parts incuding the frame rail pivot bracket.. and the front half of 2wd 4 speed driveline and 2wd crossmember too... i need it all, to go to 4 speed in my 75 no one seems to want to help me find parts pieces to ditch my th350 trans i hate autos...

custodian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
1973, 1985
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.3 LS, 350
when did you do this i am looing for all the mech. style clutch link parts incuding the frame rail pivot bracket.. and the front half of 2wd 4 speed driveline and 2wd crossmember too... i need it all, to go to 4 speed in my 75 no one seems to want to help me find parts pieces to ditch my th350 trans i hate autos...

I did this 5 years ago, all I did was remove the clutch pedal and all the rods. Mine was a three speed on the column.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84