Electric issues involving blinkers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redc10

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So I'm having an electrical issue involving my blinkers, with headlights off all of them work, but with headlights on only my rear driver side works as far as I know and my passenger side is lite up, but a new problem has come up, with the ignition off and headlights on the blinker stays on but has a faded blink and I can hear the blinking through a black box under the dash, I assume it's supposed to make a noise but it never has before but if I turn my headlights off it stops blinking or if I turn my ignition on it stops.

If anyone has any solutions it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Check for good grounds

redc10

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Alright thanks, imma do that and check the wiring in the bed, I've had the bed on another truck before and kept having similar issues

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
@redc10,

That sounds like a burned out bulb to me or a bad socket or both. Pull the lens and look at both bulbs. Maybe someone put the wrong bulb in the signal socket or something. I believe the wiring is probably okay. But all those "off" conditions sounds like a bad bulb.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Check the instrument panel ground up under the dash. There should be a grounding block up above your left foot, or maybe a single black wire grounded to the emergency brake mechanism.

Then pull the rear signal light bulbs, clean the sockets, and make sure the double-contact bulbs are properly inserted. It’s fairly easy to put them in backward or in a half-contact orientation that makes an incorrect connection. Also verify the ground wires are tight on the tail lights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes