ECM Ground locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1985c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Truck is an 87v10 With a 350 tbi/700R4. Ok so when I put a higher electrical load on my truck it starts to stumble and if I add enough (headlights on high, fan on high, wipers on, and turn the blinker on) I can get it to die. I have a ground from battery to the alternator bracket. Then from alternator bracket to the firewall. Also one from the battery terminal to the frame. And one from the battery terminal to the core support. Removed all of them and cleaned up. Also removed the one at the thermostat housing and cleaned up. And cleaned the ground on the frame at the fuel pump. I’ve read the ECM ground is to the rear of the passenger side head. Can anyone get me a picture of this? I want to take it off and clean it up but between the transmission dipstick tube and the air injection tube that runs along the back of the motor I can’t see or feel it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1