Dual Steering stabilizer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
I bought a Rough Country dual steering stabilizer setup. According to pics, it's inline. But the instructions say to install the one for the passenger side with the brackets provided and the driver side installs in stock location. Looks stupid IMO. I tried to install it inline but the driver side mount ended up being on the hex where the tierod screws in. Not gonna work. Apparently this is a common problem but I've searched everywhere and can't find a solution. So, my question is, could I just unbolt the steering linkage and flip it around? That way the tie rod with the oem damper mount would be on the passenger side. It would give enough room to mount the bracket to run it inline. Anyone ever done that?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Have pictures? The inline type is supposed to have a center bracket that the stabilizers bolt to, then the opposite ends of the stabilizer clamp to the tie rod with their own brackets.

Tombo

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
350 Vortec
It came with everything to mount it inline. Has the bracket that bolts to the axle and 2 brackets and u bolts for the tie rods. With the bracket pushed all the way against the diff housing, it says to extend the stabilizer 4.5 inches and mount the tie rod brackets. The passenger side is fine. The driver side bracket would sit right where the hex nut is in the pic. If I extend it out to the oem tie rod mount, it will be fully extended before the steering is at full lock. I just bolted everything up as the directions indicated for now but I personally don't like the way it looks lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ahh, I see. I had mine both mounted in front of the tie rod, but I think it was the larger tie rod with just a single coupler sleeve. I don't exactly remember anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400