Dual Exhaust Crossover Compatability with SM-465

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
I am going to be putting a new dual exhaust under my truck soon and have been looking at the options that exist for the transmission support.

For the record my truck is a 3/4 ton 2wd with a 454, SM-465 4 speed manual, and a FF 14 bolt.
It may end up getting lowered some in the future, so I would like to address this at this time.
You must be registered for see images attach

Most of the aftermarket list out that they are confirmed to work with all the popular automatic transmissions for these trucks.

I do not have an auto, I have the 4 speed that does not seem to be on the radar.
I did some searching and reading in this section and have not seen information as to if they are compatible or not.

Has anybody used one under their 4 speed truck?
Here are a couple that I have looked at so far.

This is the offering from Dirty Dingo...

This is the offering from Tejas....

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
My last truck with an SM465 was a 4x4 and had true duals. An exhaust shop may be your best bet if you have one nearby and they're reputable. Or run a 2.5 single all the way back. My '81 has that from the factory and runs strong.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54