Dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

funderburgh22

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
5.3l
i recently have been attempting to get my dome light working with the door jam switches and headlight knob. I got the lights to come on via the doors after reconnecting a ground wire and replacing a jam switch. I can’t get the headlight switch (just replaced) to work unless I connect the pin for the dome lights ( on the headlight switch) to the jam switch wire. So this leads me to believe that the white wire coming from the headlight switch is disconnected, where should it be connected to? Or where should I run a new wire to to get my headlight switch to turn on my dome light?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The headlight switch grounds the white wire when the knob is turned full counterclockwise which is the negative trigger for the dome (and underdash) light.
The door jamb switches and the headlight trigger are separate circuits. I tied mine together so they come on with a door open or manually via the headlight switch. Make sure the headlight switch is grounded or it won't have a ground to feed the dome light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK