Dog Dish Hubcaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have three of these. Pretty good shape.

For sale or trade. Also I have two headlight bezels for a 79. There not perfect but not bad.

I need some door panel parts is what I'd be interested in for trade. The arm rest pads. I have an 80. Also the trim for the door panel or handle but these are a limited year run so I know these will be random if someone has them.

Here is a pic of one of the hubcaps , they all look just like this. And I will have to take pics of the headlight trim tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I’m interested in the headlight bezels.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here they are. They have the peeling chrome stuff some minor pitting. The worst one is the driver one. It's peeling the most and that too corner is deteriorating and has that split on the top part of it.
The pass side does not have that deteriorated too corner , looks nothing like that side.

If you want anymore pics I can easily take more.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
They look about like what I have now so I’ll pass and continue my search. I appreciate you posting the pics! Thank you.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
They look about like what I have now so I’ll pass and continue my search. I appreciate you posting the pics! Thank you.
Sounds good.

Have you any ideas on restoring them? I'm not talking about these. But my 80 ones on my truck look about like this. I thought about chrome spray paint but worries that would look worse than what they look like now! I am cheap and just hate to pay the $90 or whatever new square ones cost

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Sounds good.

Have you any ideas on restoring them? I'm not talking about these. But my 80 ones on my truck look about like this. I thought about chrome spray paint but worries that would look worse than what they look like now! I am cheap and just hate to pay the $90 or whatever new square ones cost
I was thinking I’ll probably try to polish mine and see what happens. They got a lot better after I hit them with steel wool so I’m hopeful.

There was repop plastic ones on it when I bought the truck but I found a grille from California and the guy threw the headlight bezels in on the deal. I think the truck they came off spent a lot of time in the desert and were kind of half-assed sand blasted and dull but I was able to bring them back a little.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What $ are you thinking on the bezels? My right bezel is a little rougher than that one, and my left bezel is similar but has a chunk broke off.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was thinking I’ll probably try to polish mine and see what happens. They got a lot better after I hit them with steel wool so I’m hopeful.

There was repop plastic ones on it when I bought the truck but I found a grille from California and the guy threw the headlight bezels in on the deal. I think the truck they came off spent a lot of time in the desert and were kind of half-assed sand blasted and dull but I was able to bring them back a little.
The chrome is like peeling off. Like it's a sticker. I think mine are original. There pot metal, I don't think anything is there to polish after the chrome peels off.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What $ are you thinking on the bezels? My right bezel is a little rougher than that one, and my left bezel is similar but has a chunk broke off.
Do you have any interior pieces you want to trade? I know random right. I'm looking for the arm rest pad. And some panel and handle trim...door lock knobs?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Do you have any interior pieces you want to trade? I know random right. I'm looking for the arm rest pad. And some panel and handle trim...door lock knobs?

Lol, just door lock knobs. I've got extra bits for 80's panels, but nothing extra for the 70's.

Actually, I may have some extra inside door handle pockets. I'll have to look.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lol, just door lock knobs. I've got extra bits for 80's panels, but nothing extra for the 70's.

Actually, I may have some extra inside door handle pockets. I'll have to look.
I actually need some lock knobs. The ones I have are stripped out. Yea check around see what you have. But if you just have lock knobs, I'm not sure it would be worth me having you ship them. I have to order some other stuff from someone here soon and those can probably be tossed into the order and not change my shipping , the cost of new ones will probably equal the shipping of knobs.

Plus I have a lead on a new square at a yard I go to. I need to see what it has and strip stuff out. I know it's a late 80s so if you need anything let me know

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
As for the $$ I want, shoot me a price I have not thought about it that hard.

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
You could always have them re-chromed. The ones LMC sells are cheap ass plastic crap. If I had an 80. I'd take them and re-chrome them. Just my opinion! !

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You could always have them re-chromed. The ones LMC sells are cheap ass plastic crap. If I had an 80. I'd take them and re-chrome them. Just my opinion! !
It may come to that if I don’t find a decent set. I have a 79 so there seems to be more out there in the world since they used them for a couple years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike