Does Your Exhaust Exit Rear Under Bumper? Kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gearheadmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra K2500
Engine Size
Ok so my plans are once the weather gets nice is to install some summit headers on my truck and run duel exhaust stright out the rear under the bumper. I've been looking for kits online but can't seem to find any?
Does anyone on here have the same setup on there truck?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
No kit but I do have the summit headers and I like them and they don't leak and flow very well. The coat on them don't rust off going on the years. If you don't like flat black I'd paint them.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Flowtech makes a kit that mostly fits. I bought their headers and Purple Hornies mufflers to with it. However, the exhaust kit is designed to dump in the stock locations; but, it will get you the pre-bent pipes from header to muffler. After that, you could get a set of straight pipes bent.

I had problems with the pre-bent pipes fitting correctly. The one meant to go over the tranny cross member doesn't align parallel to the body. Instead, it angles off to the side away from the drive-shaft. The other side aligns fine. The kit isn't perfect, but it achieved what I wanted w/o needing a shop. My mufflers dump under the truck.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ok so my plans are once the weather gets nice is to install some summit headers on my truck and run duel exhaust stright out the rear under the bumper. I've been looking for kits online but can't seem to find any?
Does anyone on here have the same setup on there truck?

You might find something on Heartthrob's website. They got a long list of systems.

Sent from my iPod touch 4th Gen using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Also even if you only find just a factory exit set of duals you can still cut the bend out of the tail pipe and put an adapter and straight pipe on it and run it out the back.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You might find something on Heartthrob's website. They got a long list of systems.

Nope, not anymore. They were the company I initially ordered from via JC Whitney until the order status went to back order. Looked up Heartthrob and sent them an email. They claimed they didn't make a kit for our trucks and mine is an '87.

EDIT: Here's the email:

Hi ****,

I do not have any direct fit dual exhaust kits that will bolt up to long tube headers. I do have 2-1/4” true dual kits but they are designed for vehicles with manifolds. If you have cutting and welding skills, installing one of my kits from the back to the front would get you near where you need to be, you would just need to modify to hook up to your header collectors, which would likely require cutting and welding.

Thanks,

Mike Forbes

Heartthrob Exhaust
60819 U.S. Hwy. 12 W
Litchfield, MN 55355
P: 320-693-0222
F: 320-693-8964

Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 1:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Exhaust kit for 1987 Chevy R10

Greetings,

I am searching for a true dual exhaust kit for my 1987 Chevy R10 w/ 350 motor. It currently has stock manifolds w/o cats. I already have a set of Flowtech long tube headers (387-11500) with 2.5 inch reducers (387-10110). I did order one of your kits through JC Whitney; however, they lied about the shipping and I cancelled the order. Is there any way I could the kit (if you have one) directly from you?

Thank you for your time,

Last edited:

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size

Forum statistics