Defrost Sideview Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aubie Spr96

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
I have an '86 C20 Suburban. I will be towing a lot and I've noticed that the sideview mirrors will frost up and it makes it difficult to back up my boat. Are there aftermarket sideviews that have a defrost feature or is there a treatment that people use like RainX to prevent this from happening?

TIA

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I have an '86 C20 Suburban. I will be towing a lot and I've noticed that the sideview mirrors will frost up and it makes it difficult to back up my boat. Are there aftermarket sideviews that have a defrost feature or is there a treatment that people use like RainX to prevent this from happening?

TIA
what mirror do you have now

You must be registered for see images attach

These are made heated

These are too
But if you have the swing out kind, (below eyeline) mirrors, I havent seen one personally but that isnt to say they dont

Aubie Spr96

Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
I have the swing out type, but would love the one in the bottom pic. You have a link for those?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

They are called west coast senior mirrors. They were factory option on squares. You need to find the brackets for sure.
Heres a quick amazon link I found

67-72 fords could come with west coast junior mirrors, which is what I have on my square(It came off a 67 f100) which I believe you can find those heated too. THey may be more appropiate sized for a c20 than the seniors.

This is a quick google search
If you were to do that, for example, that brace pictured in the above ford photo is a great idea because of the damage the mirror bracket could do to the paint/panel on the bottom part over time.

heres my 80 GMC with the 67 f100 west coast juniors. Mine is not equipped with that brace but it should be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84