Dash parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
One step forward, 2steps back!!!! I got the cruise harness swapped in, got the delay wipers wired up and installed, new stereo, really thought I was on the home stretch. I noticed the headlight switch is in a different location in a truck with the wiper switch on the steering column. No big deal, I thought I would fab up a plate to fill the hole in the dash where the old wiper switch was, drill a new hole for the headlight switch, and move on to the next hurdle. Ha!!! Anybody know there to find the correct tool to remove the nut that holds the headlight switch in place??

Second question, and the subject of the wanted ad, I need the nut that holds the headlight switch in place. Long story made short, I broke mine, I need to redesign my block off plate.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
One step forward, 2steps back!!!! I got the cruise harness swapped in, got the delay wipers wired up and installed, new stereo, really thought I was on the home stretch. I noticed the headlight switch is in a different location in a truck with the wiper switch on the steering column. No big deal, I thought I would fab up a plate to fill the hole in the dash where the old wiper switch was, drill a new hole for the headlight switch, and move on to the next hurdle. Ha!!! Anybody know there to find the correct tool to remove the nut that holds the headlight switch in place??

Second question, and the subject of the wanted ad, I need the nut that holds the headlight switch in place. Long story made short, I broke mine, I need to redesign my block off plate.

Not sure, but does it use a spanner nut ( 2 slots on the perimeter ) ?

If so, the tool answer is a spanner wrench. or, a hammer & a flat head screwdriver ….:anitoof:

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
A pair of long-nose (needle-nose) pliers works too.

Don't have an extra nut laying around tho.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I may have the nut but i need to do some diggin...

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

@Matt69olds is this the nut you seek??

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Yes, it WAS the one I was looking for. I found a replacement. Surprisingly, I didn’t find my original. Usually I find whatever it is I’m looking for almost immediately after getting a replacement. Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL