Dash faceplate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wi chevvy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
88 v10 suburban with faded dash face cant find desent replacement is there a paint u can use anyone knows about

You must be registered for see images attach

Kim Burke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Honestly, I tried to get away without buying a new one by painting my old one. Duplicolor’s chrome paint blows.
You are probably three times better at this stuff than me but I knew I could not look at the crappy job I’d done.

Good luck my friend

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I seen one recently where a guy used an adhesive back paper. Kinda like contact paper to cover his. He said there are different colors and patterns but he did his in like a chrome look paper. It looked good. Just not sure how long it would last and how long it would look good.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I bought a new bezel from eBay and it was cheaper than I could find from any other truck parts source. The one I bought was just a black bezel, and I transferred the old wood-grain applique over to the new bezel.

Bruce

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I used 3M Brushed titanium to do a double din install on my old 03 Ram. Held up real well to interior heat and sun, I did have 20% tint though. You will also need access to the rear side of that silver facing. If it comes off you're golden, if not then the corners may peel up after a while. I bought it from ebay or amazon for like 20 bux. I forgot what the measurements of the roll were but I got one of the smaller sizes available.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I used 3M Brushed titanium to do a double din install on my old 03 Ram. Held up real well to interior heat and sun, I did have 20% tint though. You will also need access to the rear side of that silver facing. If it comes off you're golden, if not then the corners may peel up after a while. I bought it from ebay or amazon for like 20 bux. I forgot what the measurements of the roll were but I got one of the smaller sizes available.

I think this is exactly what I was talking about right here. That looks about as good and about the same color this guy had on his.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I think this is exactly what I was talking about right here. That looks about as good and about the same color this guy had on his.

I'm sure other brands carry it but this I would suggest a reputable company like 3m. And yes, they have tons of different colors, including a brushed aluminum thats pretty close to what the factory bezel looks like. They even have camo if you want to hide your gauges in plain site.

https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-1080-Series-Wrap-Film.html

That site shows the colors where 3m site doesnt.

Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That looks amazing!

Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
88 v10 suburban with faded dash face cant find desent replacement is there a paint u can use anyone knows about

I want the old trans am dash material. The rainbow swirl stuff. Just cuz. I found some on eBay, but it's not the exact same. It's close enough for me, but it doesn't come in a wide enough roll to cover the whole bezel, and i don't want a seem.

Wi chevvy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Yes thats the ticket right there thx alot

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member