Dana front axle yoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My pinion seal started leaking more than I could stand.I replaced it.Had to use a puller to remove the yoke,then on install it wouldnt slide on easily so I tapped it a bit.Think I pushed the pinion bearing race out as now it's all loose.Good grief it never ends...Gonna pull the diff and pinion and see what's going on.I'll replace inner axle seals while the diff is out. I'm getting too old for this.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got the yoke back on,cover on and front driveshaft installed.Letting the sealer on cover cure because auto parts never could find the correct gasket and refill oil....go on the maiden voyage.Really think the pinion bearing is going to make a lot of noise but at least I'll be able to move the truck around till I can find a good diff somewhere

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The diff turned out fine.Quiet and no leaks. Drove it on about a 50 mile trip. My "Beast" is back on the prowl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey