crew cab seat foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
im looking for a new seat for the front of my ‘74 crew cab i’m building. i Have a bench seat from a later model truck that has the holes for the seat belts that came with the truck (guy just had it so he included it, the truck has some weird bucket seats in it).

i’m trying now to find one of the ‘73-‘80 bench seats for the the drivers seat now but not haveinf much luck. from what i have read the later seats will bolt in but sit up higher. not sure if that is right though. i also noticed when looking in LMC that the crew cabs have different foam than the normal seats. any body know what the difference is in the foam?

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The part numbers are the same, but for some reason they don't list it for the rear of a '73-'80.

My '79 seats look the same front and rear, the difference is the rear seatback tilts forward. But maybe the foam is different due to a different frame and mounts?

Also, supposedly the seat sliders changed a couple times throughout the 70's and they need to match the seat frame.

Year for year, crew cab front seats should be identical to Burb front seats. Tracks and all.

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
The part numbers are the same, but for some reason they don't list it for the rear of a '73-'80.

My '79 seats look the same front and rear, the difference is the rear seatback tilts forward. But maybe the foam is different due to a different frame and mounts?

Also, supposedly the seat sliders changed a couple times throughout the 70's and they need to match the seat frame.

Year for year, crew cab front seats should be identical to Burb front seats. Tracks and all.

ya that what i’m reading as well. i think i need to find a burb seat or a crew cab front seat. i’m assuming that since they don’t fold in the front that things are a little different.

i did measure the mounting holes and there about 17” front to back but i don’t remember the width. i do have an ‘80+ front seat that tips and the mounting holes match up to that seat. i could always use that one but i think the later seats sit up higher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969