Clutch size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donsanders97

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 CID
Needing to replace the clutch on my truck. Have looked up parts on line and there is an option for 11” and 12” for 3/4 ton trucks. Any tips on determining what size clutch I need to replace short of pulling the transmission and measuring.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Any good 11 inch will be good. I use McCloud and the 11 inch is more than enough in my 85 K20.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Needing to replace the clutch on my truck. Have looked up parts on line and there is an option for 11” and 12” for 3/4 ton trucks. Any tips on determining what size clutch I need to replace short of pulling the transmission and measuring.
Id go 12" personally. When i changed engines in my 86 half ton, from a 305 to a 350, i upgraded to a 12". No issues at all, swapped right over, trans didnt care, but its got alot more grip now.
For a 3/4 id definatly go 12.
Im assuming SM465?

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It really depends more on what you use the truck for. If you're just driving around, maybe pulling the occasional load, an 11" would be fine. If you're hauling a camper, up and down hills, or constantly loaded you will want the greater surface area of the 12". You shouldn't see any difference in pedal feel, at least from diaphragm style and either one will fit. I have always used 12" clutches from Luk or Sachs, both are relatively inexpensive and can take a lot of abuse.

donsanders97

Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 CID
Thank you for the help. Just didn’t want to make a mistake that I didn’t realize until I had the tranny out

pduffyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
If you go to the 12" check you have the correct bellhouse to accomodate the bigger clutch.
You must be registered for see images attach

See the 4 to 8 o'clock position has the big step for the bigger clutch. These come in hydraulic or mechanical setup.

clintC

Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
If you go to the 12" check you have the correct bellhouse to accomodate the bigger clutch.

See the 4 to 8 o'clock position has the big step for the bigger clutch. These come in hydraulic or mechanical set

See the 4 to 8 o'clock position has the big step for the bigger clutch. These come in hydraulic or mechanical setup.
my replacement inspection cover is too small, I would now guess that this is why....any chance you have a part # or know of where a reasonably priced replacement (no original) can be found...thanx in advance

pduffyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Yeah I had the same problem, I bought an aftermarket one and trimmed and redrilled the holes in the plate for it to fit. Not what I wanted to do, but I couldnt find the part number either!
I think it was this Pn 6263757 ? for bellhousings, 460486 and 6262756 bell housings.
Here is a fleebay listing as an example;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahara