Clutch disappeared

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I was driving the truck all day and when I pulled up to the house I pressed the clutch to pop it out of 1st and the clutch hut the floor. No resistance. Truck died from it's own strain. There's a puddle on the ground under what I assume is the slave cylinder.
I'm moving this week and need it fixed asap! Is this a pretty involved fix? Can I just replace the cylinder and fill up the fluid and be on my way? Do I have to do a complicated bleed?
Problem after problem, I swear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If hydraulic clutch and slave blew out or master. Replace component at fault and bleed just like bleeding brakes.

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hmm I did the bleed where I keep the reservoir full and open the bleed valve. Press and hold clutch. Tighten bleed valve. Release clutch. I did this 5-6 times. Pedal still doesn't have resistance?.. what could be causing this?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Might have to prebleed master by itself if complete lost of fluid was present

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Might have to prebleed master by itself if complete lost of fluid was present
I just replaced the master cylinder as well. I bled it just the same. Pumped the clutch in, plugs the outlet hole, let off, opened the hole and repeated 4 times. Then I bled the slave the same way... I'm getting resistance at the bottom qtr but I used to get resistance at half press. Not sure what I'm missing here.. would you just keep bleeding the slave? Mind you, I have the cap off the reservoir this whole time so I can keep filling it..

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If it is getting better, keep bleeding. Can even loop the line from a bleeder back to the master to recycle the good fluid. Make sure pedal comes all the way up while bleed is closed

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fixed it! Found another thread and a YouTube video that helped. That was too easy! I unbolted the slave, opened the reservoir and pumped the slave by hand like 4-5 times (with bleeder closed), all the bubbles escaped out the reservoir and my clutch is back!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Fixed it! Found another thread and a YouTube video that helped. That was too easy! I unbolted the slave, opened the reservoir and pumped the slave by hand like 4-5 times (with bleeder closed), all the bubbles escaped out the reservoir and my clutch is back!!

That is by far the best way to do it. Yet another benifit to having an external slave as opposed to a modern style internal slave.

CookieSoup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
small chance your still working on it but. take your cap off the resivor and push the slave cyl in. wait a min then let it extend do that a few times it will push the air out up top. i tired to bleed mine like you would a brake system for weeks and never could get it then i did this method and was done in about 10 mins

maxtwms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That's what I did. ;-)
small chance your still working on it but. take your cap off the resivor and push the slave cyl in. wait a min then let it extend do that a few times it will push the air out up top. i tired to bleed mine like you would a brake system for weeks and never could get it then i did this method and was done in about 10 mins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84