Chevy Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnbiker727

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4BBL
Every time I mention what my truck looked like, people seem to be interested. When I bought it, I didn't realize how special the truck was (the stripes are long gone). So I thought I would share some brochures I've found that explain what the Sport program was in 1976. There were other iterations of the Sport in subsequent years, with different colored stripes. If you have any photos or brochures of '76 or other model years feel free to share them.

My truck is the 2WD, 350 4BBL version, but as you can see there were a lot of options!

You must be registered for see images attach

mtnbiker727

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4BBL
This is a coworker's truck still in original condition. It's sad to see such a beautiful truck not being taken care of, but restoring it would cost a lot of money.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I remember when the sport came out. What a gorgeous truck. Especially the orange...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
This is a coworker's truck still in original condition. It's sad to see such a beautiful truck not being taken care of, but restoring it would cost a lot of money.

Not taken care of, huh? Does it just get used as a beater truck or something?

Orange must have been the most common color? I think I've seen a black one, but never red or blue.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size

Orange must have been the most common color? I think I've seen a black one, but never red or blue.

Left side:

mtnbiker727

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4BBL

Check out the rust holes on the driver side of the bed. You can literally see through it.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I have this exact same truck in a hallmark xmas ornament

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Left side:

Cool!

Check out the rust holes on the driver side of the bed. You can literally see through it.

Eh, it happens. Sport model or not, most of these trucks have been used like intended for most of their life. It hasn't been that long since the more rare models could still be found doing such chores as hauling scrap. People tend to appriciate them now though.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've always loved those trucks. That was the truck I had hoped to buy as my first new vehicle when I got out of boot camp, but I got married and life got in the way, and it never happened.

I looked for over a year for a 76 4x4 Stepside (preferably the sport version), but everyone that was worth buying was gone before I could get to it, so I finally ended up buying a 78 Flareside last year, and will swap the bed for a stepper.

I am still undecided if I will paint it the sport model orange, or go with something else like Sublime's lime green stepper. Not that I have to worry about it any time soon, I have a lot of work to do before I get to that point.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I've always loved those trucks. That was the truck I had hoped to buy as my first new vehicle when I got out of boot camp, but I got married and life got in the way, and it never happened.

I looked for over a year for a 76 4x4 Stepside (preferably the sport version), but everyone that was worth buying was gone before I could get to it, so I finally ended up buying a 78 Flareside last year, and will swap the bed for a stepper.

I am still undecided if I will paint it the sport model orange, or go with something else like Sublime's lime green stepper. Not that I have to worry about it any time soon, I have a lot of work to do before I get to that point.
I vote sport orange!

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
For whatever reason stepsides seem to really like to rust straight through the bedsides in somewhat odd places (at least the crusty steppers I've seen).

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
For whatever reason stepsides seem to really like to rust straight through the bedsides in somewhat odd places (at least the crusty steppers I've seen).
That's an area that can trap dirt and such, and if it isn't washed out frequently, it will cause rust, kind of like the corners of the fenders and wheel wells. I was surprised at how much rust was on my bed sides when I took the fenders off.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I thought those spots were shinny metal from something recently hauled that may have been resting on the side 'polishing' the meatal, down to steel.
Thanks for posting this Tim, very interesting. Some of the things I miss about the 70's... besides being a teenager.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

My sides have rust holes there too. It doesn't help that a PO 'fixed' the holes with fiberglass. When the fiberglass fell out, I was greeted with very big holes, lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
My sides have rust holes there too. It doesn't help that a PO 'fixed' the holes with fiberglass. When the fiberglass fell out, I was greeted with very big holes, lol.
:lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BryantRiverRat